cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Poor Browsing Performance, Great Download & Upload performance.

darryl111
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

We have gigabit internet with the Eero routers which has great download and upload speeds, but connection speeds when browsing or remotely connecting to servers, or even updating Linux via apt take far too long. 

This looks very much like slow DNS. But as Eero doesn't appear to have logs I can't prove it. How do I update the DNS settings for the Eero as they currently appear to be uneditable?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi darryl,

Thanks for trying this. Can I just confirm, does this also happen if you connect directly at the ONT with the eero removed?

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 4

Hi Michelle,

Thank you for your response.

I have tried as suggested but still having issues. It seems as though certain connections keep dropping out. Streams that can buffer appear to be fine, the kids gaming is mostly fine with occasional drop outs. But, browsing takes longer than usual/expected when connecting to a new page/site. Updates via apt/npm are interrupted and take longer than usual, also I have been experiencing connection dropouts when using remote desktop today for work.

I've tried resetting the routers, unplugging for half an hour as suggested and changing the DNS to use Google's DNS servers, without resolving the issue.  

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 4

Hi darryl,

I'm sorry to hear this. Can I just ask, have you recently tried powering down the ONT and eero for a full 30 minutes and then retested the connection again as this will reset the current session?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes