cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Internet

Junemac56
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

Hi, my internet has  been dropping off - saying "no internet connection" - for the past 4 days.  Have gone on here and been told that the problem is with the connection from my router to my laptop/alexa etc.   I check in every day but keep getting the same message "we are working on it".   I am at my wits end now, surely they must be able to figure out the problem, they are supposed to be IT engineers after all.   Will try phoning them but not hopeful.   My contract runs out in August and I am seriously thinking of going elsewhere to get better service!

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 5

Hi Junemac56,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with your service. If you still need assistance can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 5

It could well be a line fault, rather than a fault with the connection to your devices, as the light goes orange. I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 5

1. It is just called the Hub

2. Broadband

3. Light goes orange

4. Have no wired connections.

Have received an e-mail from talktalk to say the Tests suggest the fault is outside of my premises so waiting on Openreach investigating.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

No ISP can be responsible for the connection between the router and your device, which has always been down to you, unless a fault is proved to the router itself.

Please can you elaborate by answering these few questions:-

1. What make/model of router do you have (if this is a TalkTalk router, these details will be on a label on the rear or underside of it)?
2. What package are you on?
3. What is the exact status of the lights on the front of the router when this happens?
4. If you have any wired connections, are they affected in the same way as wireless ones?

The information below is provided by TalkTalk, for confirmation please contact @Debbie-TalkTalk or@Michelle-TalkTalk.

KeithFrench is one of our valued Community Stars and can help with a range of issues related to wireless and networking. At times he may ask you to send him test results via a Private Message to help analyse/diagnose an issue. Although Keith does not work for TalkTalk, he very kindly shares his time and knowledge to help with others.

If you need further help or, if we need to take any details such as personal information about your account like phone numbers, account numbers etc. one of the TalkTalk team will jump in and help out.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes