cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

D-Link Router (DSL-3782) - RESTART (NOT Reset!)

Vanguard_50024
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 39 of 39

Why can't I restart my router from the Admin page?

If there is another place, please advise?

Thanks.

0 Likes
38 REPLIES 38

Message 1 of 39

Hi

You can send any screenshots in via a Private Message.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 39

Thanks for the efforts to sort this for me however I have just discovered something else very strange. I didn't realise it but I have 2 shortcuts to the router (192.168.1.1) but they appear to have a different URL. One shows my internet connected and the other does not but the pages look to be identical??

Am I OK to post the screenshots on this topic thread or should I send to a private address, forgive my caution but not sure if there is anything to give away to prying eyes?

Also, I have tried the router straight into the wall socket without the extension but this has also failed several times with the same recurring problems. I'll move it all back again for a few days just to assist with the diagnosis to see if there are any repeating problems.

Paul.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 39

Hi

I've reset the port and optimised the line to see if this will improve performance over the next day or two.  Looking at your line history , I can see errored seconds on the downstream and fluctuations in the SNR  potentailly dropping to low at times.

If the drops to this continue, then an engineer may be required, however if this is caused by degradation to the extension from the main phone socket, Openreach would charge for their visit, so I would recommend that you eliminate this aspect as a possible cause by testing directly at the main / master socket.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 39

Michelle,

I have been hard wired to the router for weeks after repeated problems began thinking I could eliminate the wi-fi aspect but this is not influencing the fault at all. My 2nd laptop IS wireless and that one does the same thing.

I would just like to understand why my router indicates the disconnected status then I could then be satisfied that I have done just about all I can to prove that this is not being caused by my equipment.

Are we sure that this has nothing to do with the current Broadband package I am paying for?

Paul.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 39

Hi Paul,

I'm sorry to hear this. Can I just confirm, does the same thing happen if you connect the laptop wired for a short period?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 6 of 39

Hi Debbie,

Signs are not good, no change to the "Internet Disconnected" problem and I was only on the game site for about 45 minutes before the "Account Server Unavailable" message appeared - 2 games in a row. It doesn't look as though the firmware has any influence on the problem.

I have just posted the first router back to you today.

Paul.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 39

Hi @Vanguard_50024 

I've updated your router firmware to the latest version.

Please can you retest and let us know how the connection compares?

0 Likes

Message 8 of 39

Almost like it knew I was talking about it.... just done it again half-way through a game... In this case though I do not have to login on my other lappy to reset the game, I just launch a new window (see image below)

I think this is getting side tracked now from the initial problem, I wanted to reset my router from the TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub and I have found the reset on the maintenance tab.

Can I suggest this is transposed to a new thread topic if it is something that TalkTalk can help with?

Paul

2024-08-12_162420.jpeg

0 Likes

Vanguard_50024
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 39

Michelle/All,

I have had several occasions where the game problem I am experiencing (server unavailable) has repeated and I have started now to get a complete orange screen with the messages "Check your data connection" or "connection has failed" but I still think this is Betfair's problem in the communication link that I have set up when I log into the game window. I have yet to get a positive response from them but it's only been about 5 months since I reported it.

I am also still puzzled by the router webpage that is still telling me I am disconnected from the Internet when I am not. I have read on the internet that this router you have sent me is for "Full Fibre" (or whatever that means exactly) as I was under the impression that if fibre has been actually installed it is from the server to the exchange and from there it is still phone cable?

Is there anything in my laptop log files that may show what these problems are being caused by? I'm afraid I cannot understand what these files signify as looked through loads of them, perhaps a techy expert can decipher this?

Anyhow, I have now got two returns bags and labels so I will send back the first replacement as planned as it is defective. What should I do with the original router and should I now keep the 2nd router as it is or are there other things I need to try?

Paul.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 39

Hi Paul,

How has your connection been over the weekend?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 11 of 39

Morning Paul,

Thank you for the update and we'll check back in with you on Monday morning to see how your connection has been 🙂

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 12 of 39

Hi Debbie/All,

I have just received my 2nd box and hooked it up, the white LED is now shining brightly and I have connected to the Internet so all good for the time being. I'll update again next week after seeing how it performs.

The 1st box will be sent back hopefully tomorrow as well but definitely this week if I cannot get to a post office.

Thanks for your support with this.

Paul

Message 13 of 39

Hi Paul

Ok no problem. I've ordered the router, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 14 of 39

It arrives via a local courier I think so I'll take a chance that I'll be in when it arrives. I also have a neighbour at 55 and at 59 who may be able to take it in if I am out at the time.

Thanks,

Paul.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 39

Hi Paul

I can send a pre paid returns bag for your old router with the new router.

Would you like me to send this to a different address?

Please can you send me a Private Message with the details.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 16 of 39

Hi Debbie,

Nothing to lose here by trying, have you a returns label for this one I have now? I'll put it all back in the box including the D-Link connector.

I did just try plugging the phone line straight into the wall socket and although I connected wirelessly now I am still showing as "Internet Disconnected" so proves my phone extension cable is sound.

I might have to get this delivered to a pick-up point if possible as I will be back at work from tomorrow.

Paul.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 39

Hi @Vanguard_50024 

I can send a replacement router for testing, would you like me to arrange this?

0 Likes

Message 18 of 39

Michelle,

There is a single outlet in the wall which I run an extension into the living room where the router is then it hooks into the D-Link splitter for phone and router outlets.

I saw the line test happening so assumed you might be doing something. Is there any way to ping my laptop perhaps to check it all the way through or is the line test sufficient?

Is it time to call it a day and try a new router?

Paul.

0 Likes

Message 19 of 39

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the update. I've re-run the line test which is still clear, however the connection does look unstable. Can I just confirm, does your main socket have a test socket please?

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 20 of 39

Michelle,

I have just completed a 30 second depressing of the reset button. When released the amber light blinked on and off as expected 0nce every 0.5 seconds or so then after about a minute or so it blinked once every second and after a further minute or so it sort of sped up briefly before extinguishing. The white LED did not appear at full brightness during this time and is not bright now. LED's normally are on or off, partially lit suggests there is an electrical reason that the device is not fully switched on.

The router login page still shows internet disconnected.

It is showing 4 devices connected, 3 wirelessly and my main laptop on network cable.

Not sure there is a right lot else I can do to be honest.

The issue with the bingo site was happening before the new router was connected and is still doing so now. When playing in a bingo room, I can suddenly get a message (when trying to buy tickets) saying the game server is temporarily unavailable. At this point I quickly login to the same room on a 2nd laptop and get forced out of that room on 1st laptop. I select the tickets on the 2nd laptop and am able to execute payment without a problem. This is something I have heard from other users happens to them as well.

Let me know if I need to wrap it up and send it back?

Paul.

0 Likes