cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Incompetence of TalkTalk messaging staff dealing with broadband issues

springsteen1
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

Am I angry or what? For the last couple of weeks there have been drop-outs and slow speeds on my broadband. Yesterday I wasted two hours of my time in trying to fix an engineers appoint with 'Gayatri' and then 'Michael'. After two hours and seven A4 pages of text I thought an appointment had been arranged. It had, but not the correct one.

Throughout my messaging I stated I was not available on Friday 16 August, 1.00pm to 6.00pm. Even though 'Michael' said he had made the appointment for 7.00am to 1.00pm, emails and texts confirmed the appointment for 1.00pm to 6.00pm.

Instead of using the text service I tried to speak to an actual person today who started to tell me that because I was trying to change the appointment within 24 hours I would have to pay a fee of £75.00.

I had never agreed to the appointment hoisted on me so why should I have to pay a penalty? I had repeatedly said that I was NOT available.

I think that over the course of the 57 minute phone call I was able to change the time of the appointment and just hope that TalkTalk don't try and charge me £75 due to the incompetence of their own staff.

I have saved the seven pages of text chat which clearly shows the mistakes made by TalkTalk  but am really worried that TalkTalk will still try and charge me for their mistakes 😠   

4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi

I did check directly on the Openreach system and the booking is clearly showing as AM for today.  I've double checked this morning, and the timeslot is still showing as AM.

The text you have received will have been from our customer service system that may still have the original booking time of PM showing, however the appointment was amended directly with Openreach and they have the booking correctly as AM, and this is what matters.  They will adhere to their own system and assign the appointment to an engineer for an AM visit.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

springsteen1
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 5

What an absolute shamble TalkTalk. I have now received both a text and email from you confirming my engineers appointment for tomorrow between 1.00pm and 6.00pm. 

Karl, are you there??????????

As I am sick of saying, I cannot do this time - I've texted, phoned, what else can I do?????????? 

0 Likes

springsteen1
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 5

If someone from TalkTalk bothered to actually read through the text chat they will clearly see that I kept emphasizing that 1.00pm to 6.00pm was NOT possible for me - at 15:36, at 15:39, at 15:41, at 16:14 and at 17:02 just to name a few times. Yet it was still booked for a time that I couldn't meet.

If someone from TalkTalk bothered to listen to my phone call today they will hear that I was threatened with being charged £75 because 'I was trying to change my appointment within 24 hours' - an appointment I did not make.

If someone from TalkTalk bothered to rea the text from TalkTalk at 15:22 they will see that "that if you amend or cancel your visit after midday on the day before your appointment, you will be charged £75" was written by a TalkTalk member of staff.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 5

Hi

Just for clarity, TalkTalk do not make the charge for changing or missing engineer appointments booked in with Openreach.  Any charges are issued by Openreach directly and we do try to avoid these as much as possible.  If a charge is ever applied, and we believe it is incorrect, then we can override this.

Notes advise the appointment was amended to AM (8-1) for you.

I don't think Openreach will apply any charge in this instance as the amendment was made before any task was assigned to an engineer.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.