cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Transferring from Vodafone to Fibre 65 - Mixed messages on Landline!

nolner
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 8

Most providers seem to be trying to push everyone onto phone calls over the internet so I chose TT as it looks like I can keep my phone line - but the sign up and subsequent messaging is confusing even to a techhead like me. (I'm doing this for my elderly father who doesn't have a mobile so I want him to have the phone if the powers out etc)

On applying the TT site found my current line and I confirmed I wanted to keep it (so far so good). But at the very end of the application one of the 3 points was still 'This doesn't come with a land line' (so I thought well thats true I'm bringing one)

But then next day I get an SMS saying I will after all require an appointment to 'connect my fibre broadband'. 

So much more confusing that it should be! I just wanna know if calls will continue to be over my copper landline, not the net? (Even a supposed human on the chat seemed to have problems understanding this!?)

Mr Alan olner
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi

In some cases, an engineer may visit on install to make sure the correct socket is fitted and connected.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

nolner
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 8

Thanks @Chris-TalkTalk I was 95% sure that was the case (I worked for the National Broadband Network in Australia) - it was just the messaging on signup and since putting that in doubt.

So usually an engineers appointment when switching providers on FTTC wouldn't be necessary, correct? So I'm wondering why its necessary this time? 

Mr Alan olner
0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Thanks for updating your profile. As Gliwmaeden2 has said, Fibre 65 comes in FTTC and FTTP, yours is showing as FTTC which does come with landline service

Chris

Message 4 of 8

There are two sorts of Fibre65, @nolner.

FTTC would keep the phone number with traditional landline and you would need to specify to keep the phone number. 

There is also a FTTP [full fibre] version which is different infrastructure. You need to check which it is, as phones then use VOIP and staff will need to confirm whether it's now possible to add that coming from another ISP. It previously wasn't. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

nolner
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 8

Just got a text from openreach re installing a new service?

Mr Alan olner
0 Likes

nolner
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 8

Contact details updated

Mr Alan olner
0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 8

Hi nolner,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes