cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Cancelling broadband contract

Message 6 of 6

Has anyone else experienced difficulty in trying to cancel their TalkTalk broadband contract?
After a lengthy wait in trying to speak to a person, I was then told that as I wish to cancel my soon to expire contract that I must give them 30 days notice. I was then told that I would have to be transferred to the Cancellation department, after 48 minutes on the phone waiting to get through to the cancellation department the call was cut.

I will now have to spend an unknown length of time on the phone again tomorrow in the hope of speaking to someone in the cancellation department.

I really can’t wait to leave TalkTalk, their broadband connectivity is terrible and their customer service is designed to inhibit any customer issues other than sales.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 2 of 6

@Benney, please start your own thread. 

It's actually quite hard to work out what you mean, as what you have written doesn't follow on from the original poster's comment. 

If it's to do with your account(s), please go to the billing message board (which you can find from "help with your service" in the forum menu) and click on start a topic.

Then leave a clear description of what has happened. Staff will respond during the week. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Benney
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 6

But I have a new account with you buy you guys seem to not be able to cancel the old account 

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 6

Hi Northstarxxx,

We are happy to help with your connectivity issues. If you'd like assistance just let us know

Chris

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

The contract is simply the minimum term, @Northstarxxx, and gives discounts on what will be the full price monthly rolling contract when it expires. 

There are Ts&Cs (linked at the foot of any Talktalk page) which spell out the need for 30 days  - similarly in the cancellation article which I'll attach.

If already out of contract and doing a traditional FTTC switch, the day the new company takes over suffices as the notice.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Cancel-your-TalkTalk-service/ta-p/2204737

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes