cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Forum Posts

Weak Security warning on Apple iOS and Windows 10 or 11

Some Apple products have recently had an upgrade that can show the WiFi connection as having weak security:- iPad Software Version 14.01 - since the update to Version 14.0 it has shown Weak Security iPhone SE Software Version 14.01 -since the update ...

Privacy warning - this network is blocking encrypted DNS traffic

This subject is involved & not knowing how much you know, or want to know about it, I will try to explain. When you type a website address URL in the browser this must be converted to an IP address, as the URL is not rotatable, only an IP address is....

Mesh WiFi Powerline adaptors

I have the Standard Huawei DG8041W Router in my spare bedroom and basically very poor WiFi signal downstairs, A couple of years ago I bought the TalkTalk Powerline adaptors but they are very hit and miss. Somedays OK and somedays very poor.I have bee...

Internet no Connection on PC - Need new Adaptor?

HelloOur internet has stopped connecting to our PCThe laptop on WIFI and phones are picking up okI have a small world globe at the bottom of the screen saying unidentifed network no internet accessI can see that the talk talk black network adaptor pl...

Booster Fast 266 wont connect

Hello! Have been having problems with my WiFi and signal being bad! Had a new router sent out and was sent a fast 266 booster pack! I already have two wifi extenders in the home. For the life of me it will not pair up! I turn on the booster, wait til...

POWERLINE ADAPTERS PT200AV

Hello, Would someone be able to assist me please? I have a pair of PT200AV Talktalk powerline adapters and one has no lights on. Could I get a replacement? Thanks!

MarkLead by Chatterbox
  • 12 replies
  • 0 like

Powerline Adapters

Hi,I believe at least one of the Powerline Adapters supplied by TT is failing.Just recently I have been experiencing buffering when streaming and have noticed that the Powerline House symbol has been flashing red..I have been using the same sockets b...

chappers by Conversation Starter
  • 3 replies
  • 0 like

WiFi Router suddenly not working. Not powering on.

My WiFi router has suddenly decided that it no longer wants to turn on. As a result there is no WiFi connectivity. I have tried resetting the power and checked the capables, but no luck in getting the router back on. Please help me find a solution to...

jahanm by First Timer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 like

Broken power cable

I desperately need a new power cable for my router. I work from home & it’s just stopped working today. To be honest I’ve had nothing but trouble with the router since I moved home 18 month ago. I any of the support team could help I would be eternal...

Hekenhal by First Timer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 like

Resolved! drops broadband and TV+ box connection

for months our broadband 35 connection drops off completley either for a few seconds or a few minutes, worst early morning or evening on.You can imagine the frustration when you loose the conection then it's on, then off, then on etc On the tv we wil...

werkit by Conversation Starter
  • 4 replies
  • 0 like

Faulty Router Power Cable

Good Evening. Can you please advise how I would be able to get a replacement power cable for my router. The cable has become faulty, and will not charge the router. I have had this power cable for over 10 years as a talktalk customer, and wonder if y...

NessT by First Timer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 like

Powerline adapter

Hi, one of my my powerline adapters has stopped working - there's no lights at all on it. I have tried resetting it and re-pairing it but with no luck. Any advice is welcome! Thanks

Multiple Powerline Adaptors

Hi, I can't find the answer i need regarding powerline adaptors. I'm using the talktalk wifi extenders but I'd like to know if i can use one sender and two receivers. Many thanks

Full fibre upgrade query

I'm a long-term TalkTalk customer, and was recently offered a full fibre upgrade. I'm currently on Fibre 35, which I've been told will remain the same, as it's only the physical connection that's changing. I'm currently expecting a 'package' from Tal...

Kincavel by Conversation Starter
  • 8 replies
  • 0 like

TalkTalk D-Link DHP-P326AV

Hello,I have just bought a 3rd TalkTalk DHP-P326AV powerline adaptor to add to the 2 I already had in use. Trying to find some information on setting them all up I couldn’t find anything for the DHP-P326AV but I could find a user manual for the DHP-P...

Digger55 by Participant
  • 7 replies
  • 0 like

DLINK WIFI EXTENDER - SSID stops broadcasting

I am now on my third TT dlink wifi extender kit ( previous issues have been down to faulty PLC ) ...All has been running great for a couple of months now until earlier this week when I noticed that the SSID of the TT branded DLINK DHP-W610AV had stop...

Screenshot 2022-12-04 at 18.35.41.png
moorlander by Super Duper Contributor
  • 11 replies
  • 0 like

TalkTalk Powerline adaptor not working

TV box lost network connection. Tested the TalkTalk powerline adaptors:PA1) power on, all lights flash, Power light goes steady, network lights flashes for about 10sec then steadies. Router shows it as being a connection to which it has allocated an ...

Me-at-TT by Chatterbox
  • 14 replies
  • 0 like

Broadband plug

Hi I was wondering if I could get some help in this matter to see if anyone else has had this issue. My d-link plug that connects my router to the internet is damaged the casing has came off and is exposing the wires inside! The router is 7 years old...

Emhis by First Timer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 like

Tplink (or similar) to hide away hub devices

My current Talktalk hub is at the back of our hallway under a sideboard and various hubs including Hive heating and Yale alarm are connected into it. Unfortunately a garden contractor has severed our phone line and Openreach need to run a new cable u...

POWERLINE ADAPTOR ISSUES

I was supplied with a DLINK DHP-W610AV power line adaptor/wifi extender kit by Talktalk when I renewed my contract last year and despite many hours of trying to get them to pair and run on my existing D-LINK DHP-P326AV power line home network I put t...

moorlander by Super Duper Contributor
  • 21 replies
  • 0 like

Wifi Issues

Hi, i was wondering if anyone had some ideas what might be causing my wifi issues. My original setup was a router downstairs and issues upstairs due to distance etc. So to solve it had a talk talk extender installed. Extender seems to be fully setup ...

Power line adapter seems dead

Hello there the tv box lost connection to the router. I tried resetting the adapters but this didn’t work. Then I tried pairing them. The adapter connected to the router started blinking when I pressed the pair button but receiving adapter does nothi...

WiFi Extender Admin Logon

I have a TalkTalk DHP-W610AV Wifi extender. I'd like to set its wifi channel to 11 which is lightly used in my area. Can I do this and keep it at 11? I do not know the Extender's admin username or password. Any info. would be much appreciatred. Regar...