cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Internet no Connection on PC - Need new Adaptor?

cruiseblogger
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 16

Hello

Our internet has stopped connecting to our PC

The laptop on WIFI and phones are picking up ok

I have a small world globe at the bottom of the screen saying unidentifed network no internet access

I can see that the talk talk black network adaptor plug that has lights on it ,  has a middle button (looks like a house shape to me) which is not lit up.

I am pretty sure its this that is failing.

I have tried usual things like closing down computer rebooting.  I have rebooted the router twice pressed the WAN button trying to resync communication.  I even tried a new cable.

Light is still off so I really dont want to go through the painful one hour web chat with support who I know will make me go through every conceivable scripted test even though I say I have tried this done that - I know they will make me do it again

Can I just simply quick fix order one or call someone at talk talk that get help efficiently

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16

Hi again,

I'm really glad to hear this and thanks for the update 🙂

Michelle

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 16

Glad to here it.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 16

Thank you.  

I paired the new ones up and internet worked straight away

0 Likes

Message 4 of 16

Good afternoon,

How are you getting on?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 5 of 16

I've ordered the PLAs, they should be with you within a couple of working days

Chris

Message 6 of 16

Yes that would be great if you could.

Do you need any more info from me

0 Likes

Message 7 of 16

Hi cruiseblogger,

I can send replacement powerline adapters to test with, would you like me to arrange this?

Chris

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 16

I'll ask TalkTalk if they can replace them for you.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 16

Yes it says talk talk on it and its plugged into a power socket near the computer and has a yellow wire connecting it to the back of the computer

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 16

They sound like Ethernet only Power Line Adapters, were these supplied by TalkTalk?

Keith

0 Likes

Message 11 of 16

This is the problem (please bear with me as I am no techie)

We had two gadgets and I know they had to talk to each other - another plug in device one a transmitter one a reciever but several months back open reach came to wire fibre directly into our house (they did all the street) and took the other gadget out that was downstairs and it looks like everything is wired into a plate (square shaped like a light switch with wires going directly into it that has lights on it)and I was then told the Pc internet would work off wifi - I didnt even know that was possible.  

We used to have the router upstairs but they moved it downstairs next to the entry point to the house.  It has worked fine for many months like this.  But all I know is this black plug I described earlier made the internet work.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 16

That light when off means that the two power line adapters cannot talk to each other. Try oving them either side of a double socket to rule out a problem with your electricity.

Keith

0 Likes

Message 13 of 16

Morning,

@KeithFrench - Is this something that you may be able to offer any advice on?

Michelle

0 Likes

cruiseblogger
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 16

Yes all other devices phones and laptop good via the wifi connect to internet no issues

Computer is wired with cables and plugs and has a black Talk talk power plug that is wired into it

The router is downstairs near the entry point from the outside but the pc is upstairs

The black plug looks like an adaptor and has a yellow cable from the power socket to the back of the computer

The first light is the power light green round circle with a line through it

The second Light looks like a house?  but is not lit up (Powerline)

The third looks like a pitchfork and is lit up (Ethernet)

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 15 of 16

Hi cruiseblogger,

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with your service

Just to confirm, you are able to connect to the internet on all devices except your PC? How does your PC connect to the router, Ethernet cable or wifi? Or does it connect by powerline adapter?

Chris

0 Likes