cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Forum Posts

Weak Security warning on Apple iOS and Windows 10 or 11

Some Apple products have recently had an upgrade that can show the WiFi connection as having weak security:- iPad Software Version 14.01 - since the update to Version 14.0 it has shown Weak Security iPhone SE Software Version 14.01 -since the update ...

Privacy warning - this network is blocking encrypted DNS traffic

This subject is involved & not knowing how much you know, or want to know about it, I will try to explain. When you type a website address URL in the browser this must be converted to an IP address, as the URL is not rotatable, only an IP address is....

Router stopped working

Hi my home broadband router stop working. no power is coming to the Router. No Internet since yesterday. got 3x kids at home who required to ise Laptop for school's home work. could you please get this resolved as soon as possible. Thank you REMOVED

Upgrade Broadband?

We've just joined TalkTalk and we currently have a very underwhelming connection speed of 2mbps. When the engineer came, he said that this was because we are connected to the exchange at the other end of the village rather than the one outside the ho...

JaneD2 by Sightseer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 like

Equipment and Poor broadband

Hi allWhat equipment should I have in home for Fibre 65 ? I currently have a Huawei-HG633 router but whilst looking through the fix it section it looks like I should also have an Openreach modem on the Fibre 65. I have been having lots of connectivit...

IMG_0149.png
Dougie by Team Player
  • 11 replies
  • 0 like

Internet connection keeps randomly dropping throughout the day

Hello. We've recently had an engineer around our house to check the connections within our home. He's replaced the ethernet cable as he said there was a manufacturing fault with it which could be causing the dropouts in connection. Since the visit we...

AJW93 by Team Player
  • 27 replies
  • 0 like

Phone line and broadband down

Hi.I've lost Landline and therefore VDSL broadband connection. I used the checker on the TalkTalk website and since I reported it the status is unchanged : "we're currently investigating your case"In the high winds overnight and this morning, a tree ...

Screenshot 2024-02-26 at 20.39.19.png

internet install

Hello, today was the day when my internet was supposed to be live and the engineer from open reach would also be coming today between 1pm to 6pm and due to this I waited the entire day but the engineer did not come. Due to this I could not do anythin...

No Phone or Internet Connection All Week

Since Open Reach engineers began working on a telephone pole at the back of my house, early last week, I have been disconnected from both the internet and telephone system.I cannot pay bills online or receive or make calls from my home phone.This has...

JohnE5 by Newbie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 like

Internet problems

Hi I am nighat asghar one week I don't have a Internet I have been try myself to solve this problem but I can't so I contacted with you please send a engineer to correct my Internet thanks

Change Engineer Appointment Date

Hi,I recently placed an order for broadband and have been assigned an engineer appointment but the day is not suitable. Please could you help me rearrange it.Many thanks

will547 by First Timer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 like

It’s a week I have no phone line or internet

I have made several calls to TalkTalk for a week now explaining that I have no telephone or internet. I keep getting put on hold whilst the Technical Team speaks with Open Reach Team as it’s an external problem. Every time I call, I get told an Open ...

Wazzaa by First Timer
  • 6 replies
  • 1 like

No Interent for a week

HelloCan anyone help, I have not had my broad band service for a week now, they sent out reach out after a few days who found and "fixed" an issue with my line but my internet did not return. Then they sent out a new router although i told them it wa...

Monique2 by First Timer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 like

Broadband down. Talk talk has gone AWOL

Broadband went down last night around 9.15 and is still out.Website is useless and just sends me around in circles, doesn't connect to chat or hangs when investigating the issue raised.Last update stated an engineer was visiting the exchange but this...

Hg633 firmware help

I have an HG633Hardware version: H.1.01Software version: v1.15t Where can I get the latest firmware?Thanks

drifto by First Timer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 like

Talk talk engineer costs for ADSL cable replacement

Hello I had an engineer to visit my property on 6th December (REP-13709829). The engineer found an issue with the ADSL cable, which he replaced. I have since been charged for the visit, £75. The ADSL cable was provided by TalkTalk. It's very irritati...

robin30 by First Timer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 like

Engineering call yesterday

I received a call yesterday regarding replacement of new router and a refund. The call lasted for up to 4 hours adjusting on my iPad. Was this a scam? I have cancelled my credit cards but I pad not working as before.I was initially told an engineer w...

Exchange Exception

Hello AgainIf you are reading my post you will realise I am not a happy bunny !!Apparently my problem is with Openreach and described as an Exchange exception.Please what the hell is an Exchange Exception ? and why is this only discovered after Activ...

Patk1000 by Chatterbox
  • 10 replies
  • 0 like

Quality of Support

HiHaving been on Talktalk Full Fibre for about a year I have never had occasion to contact support and have had an excellent service.So I move to Southport - no Fttp in my are or Virgin (the preferred ISP) so go with Superfast Talktalk.Problem with a...

Patk1000 by Chatterbox
  • 8 replies
  • 0 like

Whatsapp calls not connecting (ringing)

For a year or more I have found that if my mobile has been unused for, say an hour, it will either not ring at all or it will take a very long time to start ringing for incoming WhatsApp calls. However, if it does not ring and the caller gives up I g...

macgd016 by Whizz Kid
  • 46 replies
  • 0 like

Confused

Hello, it says my broadband goes live tomorrow is somebody coming to my house to activate it?