cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Forum Posts

Very Important - V2 Sagemcom FAST266 Wi-Fi Booster

Do not connect this new version of the FAST266 WiFi booster until you have checked the firmware version on your Sagemcom Wi-Fi Hub. The Wi-Fi Hub must be running a minimum of V202 firmware, before attempting to connect this V2 Wi-Fi Booster. If it is...

V202 firmware.png

Weak Security warning on Apple iOS and Windows 10 or 11

Some Apple products have recently had an upgrade that can show the WiFi connection as having weak security:- iPad Software Version 14.01 - since the update to Version 14.0 it has shown Weak Security iPhone SE Software Version 14.01 -since the update ...

Privacy warning - this network is blocking encrypted DNS traffic

This subject is involved & not knowing how much you know, or want to know about it, I will try to explain. When you type a website address URL in the browser this must be converted to an IP address, as the URL is not rotatable, only an IP address is....

No internet for 2 weeks

I've had no internet for 2 weeks now. I have asked for a new router and an engineer to be called out to see me, but have been denied it because there is an outage with openreach in my area? I've had no updates or seen any openreach vans in my area to...

Wen1234 by Repeat Guest
  • 10 replies
  • 0 like

Cable damaged by foxes

Sorry, it is a bit long story to tell!Overnight urban foxes chewed off our internet cable outside and we couldn't use our phone nor internet. Obviously I couldn't communicate through this Community without internet. We are dumbphone users so talking ...

Openreach modem led died

One of the leds on my Openreach modem has stopped working. It’s the internet one. Does the modem need replacing?

Divad3 by Team Player
  • 13 replies
  • 0 like

Internet not working

Can somebody please help. My mum's Internet hasn't been working for weeks. Whenever I call talktalk all they ask me to do is reset the router, then send me another one and blame the router saying it's faulty.Yesterday on live chat somebody said its b...

Repeated dropping internet, can't get replacement

Hi I have talked to support multiple times to complain about the internet that keeps on dropping. They did send a engineer last Friday (20th Sep) to come have a look. He replace the phone socket and the internet speed increased but that did not fix t...

JoannaC by Visitor
  • 4 replies
  • 0 like

No internet

Logged a fault early hours of this morning, 22nd Sep. Log shows engineer visited exchange and fixed the issue in two minutes and that my case is solved. It's not, still not getting an internet connection, tried back up router as well with no luck.

kempas by Conversation Starter
  • 4 replies
  • 0 like

No internet for over a month and a half

Since moving to my new property, on the 1st of August, I was scheduled to have an installation on the 8th of August with BT Openreach. I was told at the end of the installation that it would be active before midnight - it wasn't.Since then, I have sc...

No broadband and no phone line for nearly two weeks

Mine and my neighbours broadband and phone line went out during the storms, nearly two weeks ago.I had a Outreach engineer come out, unexpectedly, so I was at work and could not talk to him, a day after I reported it.He managed to run a test from one...

Cannot connect to VPN since 16 Sept

I work for a large public sector company. Myself and other users who are with TalkTalk can’t get connected onto the VPN through the Cisco AnyConnect client. My issue started on Monday. It has nothing to do with the IT at our end and is definitely a c...

Broadband isnt working

The light in the talk talk box is orange and no broadband. Tried resetting it and turning it off for a while

Kerdo67 by First Timer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 like

Internet down

My internet first went down last week on Thursday. It came back up on the Friday morning. I hoped it was a temporary outage. That Thursday evening I spent two hours fruitlessly talking to an agent. My internet went down again this Monday morning and ...

Fibre Broadband to New-Build with ONT Box

Morning folks, We're currently on a Talktalk Full Fibre 900 contract, and are about to move to a new-build property with a pre-installed Openreach ONT box. I've spoken to the customer care team and made arrangements for our contract to be transferred...

Don't sign up with these people

This is just a warning to people considering signing up with these people and falling for the high speed sales patter they give you when they want your money. My contact with Sky was ending and they wanted too much. I found TalkTalk to be much cheape...

Shell to TalkTalk Service Issues

Hi I am curious if anyone else has had issues since being migrated to talktalk from Shell. My service has been fine until about a month after the migration was completed. Since then my speeds have dropped from the guaranteed 25/6 mb to 12/2 mb/s. I a...

guppy02 by Chatterbox
  • 4 replies
  • 0 like

Moved to a new home wifi not working

I moved to a new home, called #TalkTalk customer support and they booked appointment for an engr to come on 16th of August to install my broadband. Meanwhile it will go live on the new house same day now #Openreach the engr sent a message that they d...

Router Problems

I've been having router problems for 2 days now. When I ask Alexa anything she is saying that she's having problems connecting to the Internet! I have a slow flashing amber light on the router. Last night I was without the Internet for 3/4 of an hour...

141144 by First Timer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 like

How to book an engineer

A fault has been found with my Broadband. I was told to book an engineer, via "my connection" page. I cannot find where or how to do it.

Really poor speed and Rubbish Customer Service

I've had slow speed for over two years and cannot get this resolved. All TT want to do is blame home wiring or connections and charge me £75 if this is the case.[I was previously a Shell BB customer and forced back to TT when the service was sold on]...

Mylie_0-1723464833968.png
Mylie by Team Player
  • 55 replies
  • 1 like

Line cut

The gardener next door was just cutting their hedge and she's cut my broadband line. What should I do?

Shocking service

I had TalkTalk broadband installed at the start of April, since the very beginning the wifi would always go off between midnight and 1am on a Sunday. I thought weird but whatever. The connection got progressively worse so I reported it 3 weeks ago. A...

Joanne52 by First Timer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 like

Internet stopped working on Tuesday evening (23rd July)

I've tried all the troubleshooting steps but the router light continues to flash orange. I chatted to an agent for an hour earlier, they came to the conclusion I needed an engineer to visit. They told me their system was down and couldn't book one in...

Luke_B2 by Chatterbox
  • 9 replies
  • 0 like