cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Forum Posts

Weak Security warning on Apple iOS and Windows 10 or 11

Some Apple products have recently had an upgrade that can show the WiFi connection as having weak security:- iPad Software Version 14.01 - since the update to Version 14.0 it has shown Weak Security iPhone SE Software Version 14.01 -since the update ...

Privacy warning - this network is blocking encrypted DNS traffic

This subject is involved & not knowing how much you know, or want to know about it, I will try to explain. When you type a website address URL in the browser this must be converted to an IP address, as the URL is not rotatable, only an IP address is....

Bogus telephone calls

I have been getting telephone calls from various different mobile numbers claiming to be from talktalk. I have asked them to identify themselves but they just say hold on we can do that! They wanted me to download an app on my mobile to check interne...

PPPoE Username and Email

I'm about to setup a non-TalkTalk modem (Vigor 130) and router (MikroTik) for my Fibre 65 package. What PPPoE username and password should I use?

router page says not secure

when i log into my router it claims it is no longer secure , not that its needed but i wanted to let someone know this fact if at all bothered tried on twitter got no where even when i said i got no issues just advising you of this issue hopefully th...

sirsimonuk_0-1708769392525.png
sirsimonuk by Conversation Starter
  • 1 replies
  • 0 like

Resolved! Manual configure router. Sagemcom FAST 5364

I believe my router is faulty and want to replace it (to test) with an identical model router that has previously been used at another property.How to I manually configure the replacement router to reflect my own account.

PiloTT by First Timer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 like

What WiFi

HiHow can I tell if my router is Wifi 6e compatible ?or how can i tell what version is my router for example is it wifi 5 or wifi 6

JohnTTTM by First Timer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 like

Set top box

My set top box has turned itself off on many occasions over several years, most times it restarts when I hold the button at the front of the box, other times, I’ve had to turn the wall sockets & rooter off for 10-20 seconds before it re boosts, which...

Ewan1011 by First Timer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 like

Partner advisors

Is there any way to check on a company who calls at doors, claiming to work with talktalk in partnership? Offering better deals to other broadband companies? Just wanted to double check

Helen!98 by First Timer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 like

Require talk talk user credentials

Hi, I've just purchased a TP-Link AC2100 Wireless MU-MIMO VDSL/ADSL Modem Router to replace my existing talk talk hub router. However in order to setup this router i believe i will need to know my talk talk user id / password. I believe this is diffe...

marksc by Whizz Kid
  • 1 replies
  • 0 like

Trying to contact Talktalk

Trying to phone Talktalk via the 03451720088 number and it doesn't even ring let alone get answered, I need to cancel my service and with no other way of contacting them I feel I'm just going to have to stop all payments.

Why am I constantly being disconnected ?

This is not the first time I have suffered this problem.It started again about 3 days ago....The Router disconnects my service...usually in the middle of a movie..which is annoying and frustrating.Re-setting the router by powering down and on adain u...

Vipersan by Conversation Starter
  • 19 replies
  • 0 like

Unable to log in to myaccount

Hi, I am not able to log in to my account, despite entering correct credentials. It has now locked me out due to repeated attempts. How can this be resolved ? Regards Anthony

After some clarity on Wi-Fi setup with talktalk

I've recently setup a Vigor 130 modem with an Asus TUF-AX5400 router. I followed the setup via the vigor guide and a bit concerned as the download speed has dropped. My setup before was the talktalk wifi hub with the asus router connected in ap mode,...

spok00 by First Timer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 like

Broadband

I reported a failure of my broadband connection on 28/03/23. The router internet light kept flashing.This was resolved fairly quickly but I'm now only getting a speed of 35Mbs instead of the 65Mbs I'm paying for.So I went online and used the bot chat...

stjohn13 by Team Player
  • 11 replies
  • 0 like

RADIUS Authentication Problem

Hello I have had no connection since the early hours of Tuesday 21st March. I have inspected my router logs and there is a RADIUS authentication problem. Attached is the relevant part of the log showing a connection attempt (I have redacted my teleph...

JThornton by Popular Poster
  • 23 replies
  • 0 like

Supersafe boost

I've been unable to log into my Supersafe Boost. I've requested a change of password but no email received. Can I have a link that will allow me to do this, please?

Sagecom Fast 5364 Superhub Issue - Orange Flashing Light

So here goes. Have been having an issue since 1AM this morning. My Sagecom Superhub Dropped its internet connection and restarted which was not a big issue. But then when it restarted the router will no longer syncronize withn the fiber dsl in my hom...

Transferred from OVO. Need Help

After googling how to get in touch with OVO about my broadband after being transferred from SSE to OVO, i discovered that TALKTALK has since taken over from OVO. Could anyone advise me on how to log in and view my account (if i even have one) or how ...

Resolved! Eufy local camera recordings not showing

Hi all, I hope someone is able to help! I've had a couple of Eufy doorbell cameras for over a year and have been with TalkTalk for the same amount of time.I've only started having issues with the camera recordings in the last month or so.I am able to...

shivvy by First Timer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 like

Gaining access to My account

Hi, I have recently returned to Talktalk after a years absence and find that the only way to gain access to Myaccount is by requesting a link by email. This gets rather tiring. I can see the info but when I request to change my password I get an erro...

andyr by Conversation Starter
  • 1 replies
  • 0 like

IP configuration failure

Hello I am having problems with my internet. I have switched the router off a few times and reset it and the router has a white light but I keep getting a message saying talktalk disconnected. I have gone onto my laptop and I sent onto command prompt...

carolina1 by Conversation Starter
  • 45 replies
  • 0 like

Trying to cancell contract

Hi, i tried to call you 3 times, just to been told there is no need for 30 days notice period. Now im calling on day that my contract ends just to been told i need to give you 30 days notice period. Im cancelling my direct debit as i wont loose anymo...

Netflix Seeing TalkTalk as a VPN

Hello, I just rebooted my router and Netflix won’t recognise my region now so it won’t show me the shows I usually have. I contacted Netflix and they said “There might be chance Netflix is recognizing your ISP as VPN/Proxy” after I told them that the...

Order

I placed an order on 16th November 2022 and technician was due out today but never came, i contacted talk talk support.. Sat on hold for 45 minutes, then the phone rang and was answered and nobody on the other side but I could hear myself through the...

Lynch93 by First Timer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 like