Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Broadband
Have a question about our totally unlimited broadband? Why not ask the community a question.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Privacy warning - this network is blocking encrypted DNS traffic

This subject is involved & not knowing how much you know, or want to know about it, I will try to explain. When you type a website address URL in the browser this must be converted to an IP address, as the URL is not rotatable, only an IP address is....

Weak Security Warning on Apple IOS and Windows 10 or 11

Some Apple products have recently had an upgrade that can show the WiFi connection as having weak security:- iPad Software Version 14.01 - since the update to Version 14.0 it has shown Weak Security iPhone SE Software Version 14.01 -since the update ...

Communication error with the gateway

I've just tried accessing the admin pages on my router to find it is giving a:"Communication error with the gateway" error. I've tried rebooting the router - no change in behavior. I'm also sure I'm using the correct credentials. The system seemed to...

jcrass86 by First Timer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 like

Supersafe Login problem

Hello - I have downloaded the Supersafe program (TTOnlineDefenceInstaller.exe) from my email link but when input my TT login details into the Supersafe login I get 'Incorrect login. Please Try again'. I have re-downloaded and re-tried several times w...

No loyalty discount for time served but savings for newbs!

So I slipped up and didn't realise that I'm out of contract, therefore paying and extra £13 a month for the last 2 months (£37 instead of £24).......I'll take that one on the chin.What I can't accept is that they now offer me to renew at £26 rather t...

UITACOOM by Popular Poster
  • 2 replies
  • 0 like

I need to get my account cancelled tonight

I called talk talk on the 14th Feb to cancel my new account as I wanted to stay with BT. The hub has arrived today and BT have informed me tonight the change over is not cancelled. They have informed I need it cancelled tonight or I will be cut off b...

Lobby22 by First Timer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 like

Upgrade Offer

Hello I used an upgrade option in October 2021 to subscribe for 24 months with the offer of an Echo Dot included. To date I have not received any information regarding how to claim this offer. Please could you look into this matter. Kind Regards Rich...

Router flashing amber

My WiFI hasn't worked for almost a week now and my router only flashes amber. This happened after TalkTalk sent me a faulty adapter which blew out my wall socket. (I know it was the adapter as I've had an electrician round who said my socket and elec...

Hi can anyone help why I can’t finish building my profile 

‘Technical issues with account’

I have been trying to log onto my account for weeks now and keep getting the same message. ‘Sorry due to technical issues, we can’t log you in right now’.

hs1437 by First Timer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 like

Swapping out a router

TalkTalk are in the process of sending me a replacement router to try to fix poor performance and BB dropouts. I have multiple Alexa devices and lights connected via the Wi-Fi and a Hive hub for my heating connected via Ethernet into the TT hub. Can ...

John Talk by Popular Poster
  • 6 replies
  • 0 like

2ghz connection stopped working

All had been fine last couple of years now most of my 2ghz devices unable to connect.Tried changing router settings and firmware reset but hasn't helped.

Ni3kjm by First Timer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 like

Question regarding switching providers

My contract with Plusnet is about to end in November and I've recently seen a deal with TalkTalk that comes with a £90 gift card. I wanted to know could I have Talk Talk pay off my contract in exchange for committing to their 18 month contract at a s...

Will I notice a 70m/s drop in internet speed

I am looking to change from Virgin to BT because I am really not impressed with how my internet will drop out for days at a time and all they can really tell me is “oh yeah we know that there has been a loss of connection in your area” and this happe...

Missing welcome pack at new address

I am existing customer of TalkTalk. We moved out two days ago and had moved our broadband to the new address. However we still haven't received the new router and the welcome pack which we paid for.We tried to use the old router but it doesn't work.H...

TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub does not remember user credentials

I have just set up a new TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub router and it seems to be working correctly. However, in order to do this I had to manually set my user credentials under its IPv4 Internet Connectivity page. But what I find now is the if the router is reb...

Martin84 by Whizz Kid
  • 60 replies
  • 0 like

Bookmarks not recognised

Hi - my broadband went down last night, but seems to be running OK today. However, I've found a lot of my bookmarks don't work - I get various error messages or requests for authentification.I've never had this before. Any suggestions what has happen...

5tok3s by Team Player
  • 5 replies
  • 0 like

URGENT - Cancellation

Hello all - Apologies for the note, as unable to access your chat or help-lines. Despite losing my job, being evicted from my property and now living abroad, TalkTalk have still sent me two bills: One for £23.95 and one for £136.82. I have explained,...

Urgernt - Error code 403

Hello there. My parent have been having intermittent problems as late with connection issues with their Internet to the point where its now completely failed. It appears either the router or the main socket is as fault but I cant be sure. I can get a...

phil-78 by Chatterbox
  • 2 replies
  • 0 like

Flashing Orange light ever since joining

Good evening. I'm hoping some one can help, I recently joined talktalk, my service went live on 10th. Since then I've had no internet connection at all, a constant flashing orange light. I briefly spoke to tech support this morning, however had to cu...

Pupugi by First Timer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 like

INTERNET DISCONNECTS EVERY FEW MINUTES?

Hi everyone, most of the time our broadband works fine but in the last month there have been periods each day when the internet connection doesn't work, the light on the router changes from white to orange every minute or two, constantly disconnectin...

Weak Security Warning on Apple IOS and Windows 10 or 11

Some Apple products have recently had an upgrade that can show the WiFi connection as having weak security:- iPad Software Version 14.01 - since the update to Version 14.0 it has shown Weak Security iPhone SE Software Version 14.01 -since the update ...

Labels