cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

SpamHaus

Jennadad
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 2

Why? Why would Talk Talk sign up to and have their customers blocked by Spamhaus? 

With all the problems they face financially, you would of thought they'd put the needs of their customers first... I mean who wants to find their emails rejected from most receivers mail boxes... with a stupid notice from spamhaus  saying "Don't Worry" this is just your service providers doing.

I mean seriously who does this to their own customers? Read content below, copy and pasted from SpamHaus response... :

Policy Blocklist (PBL) - This is for information only. No action is required (unless you run your own mail server).
This IP is listed on the 
Policy Blocklist (PBL)

Don’t panic!

The inclusion of your IP address on the Policy Blocklist (PBL) is standard for the vast majority of internet users and is not the result of your actions. Here are some key PBL facts for your understanding:

• If the IP address you are using is on PBL, you can still send email if you are using SMTP auth.

• You do not need to request removal from PBL.

• Listings on this blocklist are controlled by either your Internet Service Provider (ISP) or Spamhaus. Click on More Info for further details.

• PBL contains ranges of IP addresses that shouldn’t be sending email directly to the internet.

• Typically, IPs of broadband or dial-up customers will be included in this list.

• This is part of Internet best practices enacted to protect all users.

Run your own mail server?

If you run your own mail server, and require removal from the PBL, please click on moreinfo to review your ISP’s policy. Once you have reviewed the policy, please tick the “I am running my own mail server” check-box at the bottom of the page to enable removal.

NOTE: Exclusions are only valid for 1 year unless the ISP sets a more restrictive policy. If your IP gets listed on another Spamhaus Blocklist, it will automatically be relisted on the PBL.

80.42.0.0/15 is listed on the Policy Block List (PBL)

Outbound Email policy of TalkTalk Communications Limited for this IP range

It is the policy of TalkTalk Communications Limited that unauthenticated email sent from this IP address should be sent out only via the designated outbound mail server allocated to TalkTalk Communications Limited customers. To find the hostname of the correct mail server to use, customers should consult the original signup documentation or contact TalkTalk Communications Limited Technical Support.

Removal procedure

Removal of IP addresses within this range from the PBL is not allowed by the IP netblock owner's policy.

About The PBL

The Spamhaus Policy Block List (PBL) is an international anti-spam system maintained by The Spamhaus Project in conjunction with Internet Service Providers and is used by Internet networks to enforce inbound email policies. The PBL database lists end-user IP address ranges which should not be delivering unauthenticated email to any mail server except those provided for specifically for that customer's use. The PBL lists only IP addresses (not domains or email addresses).

Thinking Talk Talk had Customers Needs at the heart of their policies was my Error...
0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 2

Hi Jennadad, you've answered your question. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes