cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Outbound emails port 25

antuk
Team Player
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

Hi,

I need to be able to send outbound emails on port 25, however the talktalk IPs are blocked on spamhaus which gives me the following error

It is the policy of TalkTalk Communications Limited that unauthenticated email sent from this IP address should be sent out only via the designated outbound mail server allocated to TalkTalk Communications Limited customers. To find the hostname of the correct mail server to use, customers should consult the original signup documentation or contact TalkTalk Communications Limited Technical Support.

However, im unable to get a talktalk email account to use the talktalk smtp servers. It doesnt seem to let you sign up for a talktalk email account on full fibre

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4
Outlook.com (Microsoft) IMAP Server outlook.office365.com
IMAP port 993
IMAP security SSL / TLS
IMAP username Your full email address
IMAP password Your Outlook.com password

Outlook.com (Microsoft) SMTP Server smtp.office365.com
SMTP port 587
SMTP security STARTTLS
SMTP username Your full email address
SMTP password Your Outlook.com password

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 2 of 4

My office 365 email - as per the microsoft documentation im trying to use <domainname>.mail.protection.outlook.com - it worked fine for a while (until my TT IP address changed)

0 Likes

Gondola
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

Port 25 is blocked to prevent unauthenticated mail sending via the TalkTalk Mail servers.

Right now, the creation of talktalk.net email addresses is not possible for any TalkTalk broadband customer. This is to allow the migration of existing mailboxes to the new OX Cloud 8 platform.

You'll not be able to send personal domain or other non-TalkTalk domain mail using the TalkTalk SMTP outgoing servers as that mail send will not be authenticated by TalkTalk.

No reason why you cannot send mail using the personal domain or other non-TalkTalk domain mail using the outgoing SMTP mail servers specified for that domain. What domain mail are you trying to send? Or is it the case that you're using deprecated email software that cannot support the minimum requirement of encryption to the TLS 1.2 standard?

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution