cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Full Fibre 150 (Eero) Wifi Disconnect

Gryphin
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

Like the title says, I upgraded from Fibre to Full Fibre about a year and a half ago. The problem I've had since then is wifi speed, connection, and disconnects. The "Router" eero hub is located in the dining room; if you're in that room or close by, it's fine. If you're upstairs, the speed is down to 50 meg or less, and certain bedrooms just have no wifi, it keeps disconnecting and saying no wifi.

I know the Eero is designed to be used in a mesh, but TalkTalk only provided one, and I don't have the spare £100 for each new Eero mesh box. I've used wifi on the old TalkTalk WiFi Hub (Sagemcom) and had no problem, but this "new" device is just awful.

Is there anything TalkTalk can do about it? Do they provide more Eero to make a mesh, or do they expect you to do that? Can I request the Sagemcom router from them? I'm not sure if I sent my old one back when they installed the new one.

Thanks for any help. At this point, I'm thinking of switching to Vodaphone as it's cheaper and has a proper router.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. Have you been in contact directly with our Future Fibre Team as they may be able to offer some solutions for this?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

It will still be functional. Just make sure that it has a WAN port which can connect to the LAN port on the fibre ONT. 

0 Likes

Gryphin
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 5

Before I start searching attic for it (if it's even there) do you know if it will still work or would they of blocked or deactivated it? Not sure if TalkTalk does that.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

The eero is indeed intended to act as part of a mesh system and if you want added units it is down to you to add them.

You could have a good look around to see if you still have your old router, if you do then try that and let us know how you get on. 

0 Likes