cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Fibre 500 and connection test

Badjester
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 11 of 11

Hi,

I took out the Fibre 500 package about a month ago, I'm being told in my account that there's an issue with my connection/line. Is there any way for someone to check my line?

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Good morning,

Can I just confirm before I raise this over, is the fault message still showing or just the router message?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 11

Yeah sure, just to mention that within my account, when I click on my router (as in check it's connected.) It says it can't recognise router. I'm thinking your systems aren't really up to date to work flawlessly with Eeros. Anyway I'm just going to ignore the supposed fault for now as my internet seems to be ok. Many thanks.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

Morning,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you. We can still raise this to our My Connection team for investigation, would this be ok?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

I think I've managed to upload that correctly. As previously mentioned there does not appear to be any actual issue that I can notice. Just not sure why it would say there is but I guess I will ignore it. Thanks

Untitled.png

Message 5 of 11

Morning,

Would it be possible to post a screenshot of what you're seeing but please do not post any personal information on the Community. We can then ask our My Connection team if they can take a look.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

It is confusing as well as misleading I agree.  DLM and other line management features from the old systems no longer apply. though. It is a full on digital connection directly via a fibre optic line.

Message 7 of 11

Yeah that's what I'm gathering that it's a false result. Only issues I had were shortly after my live date but things seem to be working as they should at present.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 11

Hi, I was experiencing some issues when I first got the router (Eero Pro 6.) So I did a connection test then and ever since if I do one it says there's an issue. However no I am not currently experiencing any problems. Other than the test result says there is an issue. I'm guessing just to ignore it? I did some research when I first went live as I wasn't sure if FFTP has a 10 day settling period. From what I gathered it's Openreach that manage the DLM (or equivalent) for FFTP lines? Anyway I guess I will just ignore the connection test result as I am not having any actual problems. Very confusing though when a system tells the user something is wrong when there isn't 😕 

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 11

Morning,

Thanks for your post. Can I just confirm, are you experiencing any issues with your connection such as slow speeds or intermittent connection?

Thanks

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 11

Have you noticed any issues in actual use? Sometimes My Account delivers false results.

0 Likes