cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Solid Red LOS light ONT no internet

Rockett
Participant
Private Message
Message 24 of 24

On the 31st of March at 8:40 according to the eero app our internet went down. We contacted talktalk via live chat and they reported a fault and said they were sending out an engineer to the exchange, they said we would get a response within 24hours saying whether we would need an engineer to come to the premises.

It has been 3 days now and nothing, no progress has been made and we are still waiting on an engineer to sort out our broadband.ONT Solid red lightONT Solid red light

We've tried all the solutions support has recommended to us like unplugging everything and turning it off and on again, waiting 30 mins to turn it back on the ONT etc... we are certain we need someone to come take a look and fix the fault.

We are currently undergoing roadworks near the connections box on our street which may or may not be the reason why our line appears to be disconnected or something. As you can see the green box is right next to the roadworks.Green street connections boxGreen street connections box

We would love to get someone round to fix our internet if possible please.

23 REPLIES 23

Message 1 of 24

Hi AntMag,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with your service. If the service still isn't working could you switch the ONT off for 30 minutes, then switch back on and retest. Please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 24

I have escalated this for staff attention, @AntMag, and for the thread to be treated "as new", as you have not started your own.

There will be no reply from forum staff before tomorrow. It looks like Talktalk has recorded a fault.

It is standard practice for you to have to agree to potential engineer charges before an engineer is booked. You will need to reply to staff when they respond after the weekend. 

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Engineer-charges/ta-p/2207291

N.B. "Your fault" does NOT mean that they are blaming you personally. 

It just means that there is a fault affecting your service. No "blame" is suggested!

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 3 of 24

Thank you Gliwmaeden2

I've done what you said but there is no positive solution for me. I am new to talk talk and we used internet only short time around 2 weeks(we've been out for while). We never touched box or cables! Yesterday morning when we woke up we found red light on both boxes .Just day before internet was working perfectly. Actually until around 1am we watch TV and then next day doesn't work anymore! Me and my wife we contact customer service and we've been treated in disgusting way! Shouting , they blocked chat and I couldn't send messages anymore then had problems with my talk talk account! Couldn't do anything! Then I found on my account that they put fault on me !? Just because I was disappointed and ask them to end my contract! Disgusting disgusting disgusting!They offered engineer to come but before that they asked me to confirm agreement that if engineer will found fault inside my house I need to pay for it.Is natural they won't put fault on talk talk 😉 on my account says they don't see a problem on them side so it's mean they already charged me about this problem! How they can check with chat that only asking me about basic information -lights 🧐 We never touched anything there so how is that possible is our fault!? Engineer who was setting up internet and installation couldn't do it .Took so long to set it up and he said "this is so *@#][!![]'#[@#]!* to setting up" and couldn't connect it .He tried many times. From first day in the morning we had problems with connection.Internet was connecting after some time ! Seems like was disconnected

Screenshot_20230813_135847.jpg

 (they are saing is my fault disgusting !) 

in early morning and then try to connect again. Very bad experience with customer service and general help!

0 Likes

Message 4 of 24

@AntMag, even without the paperwork, please start a new thread.

This is very important, because it avoids any confusion between accounts when staff reply during the week. 

Complete what you can in Personal Information, even if it is just your name and address. A fallback mobile phone number is useful too.

Add details in your new thread of how you set up the contract with Talktalk  - if they have sent you the router, you can be found in their records.

Also specify what package you ordered.

But please start the new thread. 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 24

Hi Gliwmaeden2

Thank you for your answer.

Unfortunately when we've done contract we didn't get any email with contract and any information. We don't know even talk talk number ...so I can not finish set up my account. The problem with internet is definitely from outside.Roter is totally new and we are only one month with tolktolk and already this kind of problems ...? What happened after then...

0 Likes

Message 6 of 24

If you have enough data, try to contact Chat on Sunday for support, @AntMag.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529

Otherwise, start a thread of your own, and staff will respond during the week. 

Return to the message board and click on Start a Topic. 

Also complete your community forum profile details for TT staff to identify your account. 

Go via your avatar/name; settings; Personal Information. SAVE CHANGES. 

0 Likes

AntMag
First Timer
Private Message
Message 7 of 24
From This morning we have exactly the same situation. We have try everything but red light is coming back. We've called customer service but very bad experience! Lady start to shouting at me and she was very rude! We are new to talk talk but in this situation I am thinking Sirius about to end the contract.This is not normal at all that all day there is no Internet!
0 Likes

Message 8 of 24

Hi Rockett,

There was an update about 50 minutes ago saying that traffic management has been requested and estimated completion date is 25/4 

Chris

0 Likes

Rockett
Participant
Private Message
Message 9 of 24

Hi there, anymore news or updates today?

0 Likes

Message 10 of 24

Hi Rockett,

There was an update yesterday afternoon saying that 2 blockages have been located and Dig team have been contacted to arrange for blockages to be cleared. A review date has been set for tomorrow so I'll check again then

Chris

Rockett
Participant
Private Message
Message 11 of 24

Hello there,

Are there any further updates from openreach? Anything regarding that ETA?

Many thanks for all the previous updates.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 24

Hi

Latest update is that there is a damaged fibre cable and they have emailed through to the allocation coordinator to progress and chase for an ETA, we have been asked to check back after the weekend.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Rockett
Participant
Private Message
Message 13 of 24

Hi there, anymore updates from openreach today?

0 Likes

Message 14 of 24

Hi Rockett,

There was an update at 11:45 just saying that the job is still in progress, waiting to be resourced and allocated 

Chris

Rockett
Participant
Private Message
Message 15 of 24

We've had a pair of engineers round most of the morning, they left an hour or so ago. It looks like they had been putting new cabling in the road and pavements. Sadly it seems they did not succeed just yet. There wouldnt happen to be any interesting information there now?

0 Likes

Message 16 of 24

Hi Rockett

There are no updates from Openreach as yet. I will keep checking on this fault for additional updates.

Hopefully we should have further information by this afternoon.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 17 of 24

Hi there, are there any updates yet from openreach?

0 Likes

Message 18 of 24

Hi Rockett

This fault is still with Openreach. Further updates should be available by tomorrow 11/04.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Rockett
Participant
Private Message
Message 19 of 24

Appreciate the information, I shall leave my post here for an update on Tuesday from them and give the live chat a go today.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 24

@Rockett, there's no staff support on here at weekends, and we don't know whether they will be back before Tuesday, due to the Bank Holiday. 

You may be able to get an update via Chat / phone: 03451 720088.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529

0 Likes