cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Migrated from Shell energy and no internet

Jackie1940
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 14

Simply the worst customer service on earth. I have spent hours and hours going round in circles being passed from one script reading support person to another and now a vist from an 'Engineer' and still no rtesolution to the simplest of issues.     I migrated from shell. I was a Landline only customer with no Broadband on the line.  I would now like broadband. I have been sent a router. the router is set up correctly and is connecting to the network but no internet is being delivered.  It is because  ( and this was confirmed by the Engineer at my house)  When I was moved to talk talk I have been moved into a "walled garden" blocking me from recieving internet and a discount was given as I was a landline only customer.  BUT you try and explain this to anyone in the truly hopeless supourt team and they will as you to restart the router again and do this again and that again.  Even though the issue is an 'Account Authentication issue" not a hardware or Line issue as confirmwed by the engineer.  All connections are good, all settings at my end are good, tghe line is fine.  After two weeks of simply trying to get broadband activated on my line I simply give up and will just have to cancel the contract and go elsewhere.  All I want is to have the broadband activated and the dicount removed. It cant be that hard but as soon as you say no internet you get put through to a script reading support person who start you looking at the router all over again. Really talk talk this is ridiculous. 

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

If you would like staff support, post a new topic, @Martha123.

They will respond after the weekend.  They might manage to get to the bottom of this sooner.

If leaving, you may be liable for early termination fees if still within the minimum contract term that you agreed with Shell, and these are not waived unless you allow Talktalk much longer to try to find a solution. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Martha123
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 14

I have very similar problem. Email to say Migration to Talk Talk successful and then NO Internet service. Spent hours today trying to get it sorted…switching on/off/reset with engineer on phone. Now Engineer booked to visit my house next Thursday…6 days time!!!

I’m being charged for Fibre but internet has been on/off/patchy for months, definatly NOT fibre service for £46 pcm!!!!

Now going to try and find NEW SUPPLIER

0 Likes

Message 3 of 14

I've also just sent you a survey to rate my performance.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 14

Hi

You should be back online now, initial speed was 3.4mb, now reading as 4.9mb. so a little faster.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 14

Hi

if you reset the router, the user details will remain as I've updated these on our ACS server.  This is the server the router first talks to, to get it's updates and settings when first connected.

If you ever need the details, there is an automated password line you can call from the home phone - 0345 1720 049

Most agents are used to dealing with fibre issues, so don't think to check for some of the issues that would affect older technology such as ADSL.  I've been at this for over 30 years now, so we here on the community have more experience of dealing with these types of issues.

With regards to speeds etc, the SNR  is a little high, so I'll make some adjustments to the profile and reset the data port at the exchange.  You will see a brief drop in the connection while I do this.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Jackie1940
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 14

OMG!!!!!!!!! Karl that has now connected!!!!!! Many Many Thanks.  Two things.  1. If I needed to add this again afetr a reste etc etc. what would I need to do and where would I find the correct Username and password etc.  2. You know what I'm going to say..... Why did 8 online support agent including one manager and a visiting Engineer to the property not know that this was required? 

Anyway,  Many Many thanks again. Its is a very slow connection. 2.95 at best but I guess this may settle over time?   

0 Likes

Message 7 of 14

Hi

There you go, it's now authenticating with our server, give it a try.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 8 of 14

Hi

It's not an account issue or billing issue.

Most services use network authentication however as your service is currently using ADSL and not fibre, then the router needs to authenticate, so it's a username / password issue at the router.

Our routers are not sent out preconfigured so you usually have to put the broadband username in the router.  I'll see if I can update this remotely for you, give me 5 minutes.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Jackie1940
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 14

For further clarificatiopn.  I get a solid white light on the router. The Engineer said that it is all connecting fine to the network . In his words " its a billing issue"   He siad the router says  ' Moved to walled garden'  which means my account is in a security group that prevents access to the internet.  He said  ' once they sort your account issue everything is good to go.    I really hope someone on here can understand me as Im starting to think I'm going mad. 

Jackie1940
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 14

I have now added My account info to my profile

0 Likes

Message 11 of 14

Good morning,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number or Account number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Jackie1940
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 14

fingers crossed

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 14

Sounds like a mess, but give the support team here a chance to help before you give up, I can assure you they are not bots and they will hopefully pick up on this tomorrow. 

0 Likes