cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

talktalk my connection email yesterday?

dazza7
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 8

Is talktalk myconnection email a real thing from talktalk - if so why have i never seen this before? what is talktalk my connection and how long has it been working? it seems legit but never can tell?

the subject of the email is my name then "give your Wi-Fi an instant tune-up" then the email goes on to say ", you don’t have to call or wait in queues to give your Wi-Fi an instant tune-up. You can find all the easy-to-use tools you need in one place – My Connection"

And then more in the email

thanks in anticipation.....

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Thanks again Gliwmaeden2,

I was suspicious as I could not find out anything about it really on a google search - just wondering why talktalk havent rolled it out to customers better as I tried it now and it seems it could be a useful tool - never knew it had been around that long

Cheers

dazza

Message 2 of 8

Hi Gliwmaeden2,

Many thanks for the good news and a very good point ref cut and pasting I wasnt thinking properly and will keep this in mind in future - like you I am glad it was a genuine email, I hoped it was as if it was not it would now be impossible as done so well, just glad and reassured by you.

Thanks again,

dazza

Message 3 of 8

The link that you included in your original post does take people through to the correct pages, @dazza7  - luckily. 

Generally, if in doubt, please don't copy and paste a link like that into a forum post. If you had worries about the original email, it doesn't make sense to post the full email with a link that might risk the security of other customers. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 8

I have just checked and My Connection has been available since 18th January 2023, @dazza7.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 8

It's the same old speed checker type stuff revamped and has been around for many months with this name - possibly a year or so.

You can get safely to it via the community forum pages listed in the forum menu, @dazza7.

Firstly go to Service Status Dashboard:

1000002650.jpg

From there:

1000002651.jpg

You don't usually need to be signed into the forum or My Account for it to work. 

You'll see it recognises your phone number automatically etc.

dazza7
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 8

"Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied."

0 Likes

dazza7
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

some more on the email:

Run a
speed test

Check your current speed, guaranteed speed, data and usage. It’s like a fitness tracker for your broadband.

Keep an eye on your devices

Check up on your connected devices to see if any are having a tough time connecting to your router.

Online troubleshooting

Get help with your Broadband, TV and Telephone. Our guide asks simple questions to help you find solutions without a phone call. And if we do detect a fault, you can book an engineer visit online.

Fault Tracker

Spotted an issue? Our dashboard will keep you in the loop as we fix it, sharing engineer appointment dates and any reference numbers you might need.

Find out more

also got this message when trying to post this first time the above is directly from the talktalk email thanks

0 Likes