cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Forum Posts

Weak Security warning on Apple iOS and Windows 10 or 11

Some Apple products have recently had an upgrade that can show the WiFi connection as having weak security:- iPad Software Version 14.01 - since the update to Version 14.0 it has shown Weak Security iPhone SE Software Version 14.01 -since the update ...

Privacy warning - this network is blocking encrypted DNS traffic

This subject is involved & not knowing how much you know, or want to know about it, I will try to explain. When you type a website address URL in the browser this must be converted to an IP address, as the URL is not rotatable, only an IP address is....

Poor signal due to area

I have boosters etc and my main router is the worst as far as signal and it's likely my location. It London but somehow being close to the main road makes it hard, I tried many networks and no chance. What would you suggest I get to improve signal fo...

Upgrading

Hello, I’ve been stuck with the 6mb/s ish package for far too long and would like to know if it’s possible to upgrade to something a bit faster? thanks 

Broadband speed

HelloMy broadband speed is guaranteed at 16 but has been consistently less than this (4 at router; or 1 to the device!). What can I do about this? Can I reclaim money back from talk talk for this service for which I have notified the problem already?...

julie789 by First Timer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 like

Internet does not work

Internet does not work even tho it says it’s connected and functioning on speed and stability test. This is week 2 Speed Internet is not working AGAIN

Adelel by Participant
  • 3 replies
  • 0 like

Upload speed only 0.67mbs

I have tried to get help on the 'chat' service, but to no avail. They could not comprehend the difference between internet speed and WiFi (which we have no issues with). They insisted on sending a WiFi booster, which they assured me would make a diff...

Line Problem 30.10.23

Last night, in fact very early morning, about 30 minutes after I'd shut down my PC I noticed that my router's LED was flashing indicating it had disconnected and was reconnecting. I fell asleep before that happened.  All looked OK next time I checke...

Speech out of sync when streaming

I have fibre 24, my download speeds are usually around 24, upload around 3.When watching streaming services like Netflix, Amazon Prime or YouTube the speech frequently stops and goes out of sync with the action. This is resolved, for a short time, by...

Broadband speeds slowing down again

A week or two back I was getting around 9mbps upload and around 45-50 down, But over the past few weeks the speed has been reducing gradually.. Upload speed is quite important as I still do some livestreaming but these lower speeds I'm currently gett...

What determines upload speed? And can I increase mine?

Hi.I have fibre 65. My router syncs at 35 down and 4 up.I am told my minimum guaranteed download is 25.4 and the highest upload is 3.9.I think 35 down is the best I will get however I would like a faster upload speed.I have spent an hour and a half w...

Broadband Fibre 65 Below Minimum Guarantee

I ran checks on broadband speed on 9 April and found it was below minimum guaranteed speed, and had been for some time. I then ran connection check and a fault was identified. This fault was logged on 9/4 as REP-12746671. Kept checking fault tracker ...

Vonney by Conversation Starter
  • 39 replies
  • 0 like

Renewing account

TalkTalk seem to be losing the plot. It is time to renew my account and the only option in the email they sent was Fibre35 so I called to ask why and they offered a free upgrade to Fibre65. When I dug deeper they admitted the quality of the copper wo...

Slow upload speed...

I've only begun noticing this, but while my download speeds are around 35Mbs, my upload speed is 3.4Mbs. Can this be improved? I've restarted my router, as well as tested it with a hardline, as well as over wifi.

What is my Fibre 65 guaranteed Upload Speed?

Please can anybody help me establish what the Fibre 65 guaranteed upload speed from my router is supposed to be? My router is the TalkTalk-branded D-Link-DSL-3782.When I perform the TalkTalk broadband speed test the results state that the guaranteed ...

Broadband Issues

We have had problems today (16/11) with slow broadband and also frequent disruptions where the routers red light comes on. Not had any problems for some months. Is there an issue - have registered it on the service centre and it says “ there appears ...

Mervyn65 by Chat Champion
  • 20 replies
  • 0 like

slowed internet

Hello everyone, I'm having problems with my internet speed after I moved my router upstairs. So before I moved it upstairs I was getting about 50-55 mbps download speed and 18 mbps upload, after I moved it my download speed remained the same however ...

Sefa78 by Team Player
  • 20 replies
  • 0 like

UFO Broadband in York

Could someone please confirm that the UFO package is no longer available in York and also the Ultra fibre package is not available in this City? Will have to swap provider if TT can only offer a low speed alternative, renewal due in a couple of weeks...

Greadman by Conversation Starter
  • 1 replies
  • 0 like

Low upload speed over the past few days.

2 days ago I was having an average of 8mbps upload speed and today I've got a measly 2mbps which for me is not enough for me to do what I usually would be doing ( livestreaming ) I'd like this resolved asap ideally, I've tried rebooting the router as...

Very Slow Broadband Upload

I have been having ongoing problems with broadband speed, particularly with upload speed. I have spend hours on the phone with TalkTalk Technical Service, every time having to try the same routines of turning router off then on, resetting, disconnect...

DayV2021 by Team Player
  • 30 replies
  • 0 like

Need update on fault REP-11674598

For two weeks I have been experiencing constant disconnects and 0.5-3mb down 0.2mb up when it is connected which is all but useless. I reported the fault in the 2nd of August, with no updates from Openreach except to say that an engineer is visiting ...

Upload speed getting lower and lower

Since my TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub was updated to version SG4K100136, my upload speeds have been steadily getting lower! I was getting 5mb prior to the update, then after it was just over 4, then 4, now down again to 3.7. I'm noticing more buffering when wa...

jwatson by Whizz Kid
  • 7 replies
  • 0 like

Disconnections daily

Hi, after one and a half month of no disconnects I've started having issues again. Last time it was due to some phone line fault which you guys have fixed. As of 17th May, my Internet disconnected once and I was put on interleaved, ever since its bee...

I would like to upgrade to fibre...

I recently signed up to the Fast Broadband package, which was installed on the 9th of March following a slight delay. But I find it's horrendously slow all of the time. So, no offense, but the awful quality means I simply cannot really upload anythin...

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 7 replies
  • 0 like

BB Speed Suddenly Dropped

Ever since I was shifted to FTTC about two years ago my speed has been a pleasingly consistent 35+Mbs. However last night (28.04.22) I realised my speed had dropped and when I checked it was showing almost 50% slower at 19Mbs. I turned the router off...

BB Speed Drop 29.04.22.png

Broadband speed dropped after new contract

Can anyone give me a technical explanation why the upload speed of my line dropped from 24Mbps to 21.8Mbps at exactly the time I contracted for a further 18 months of service.The speed has been regularly checked using the dashboard inside the Router....