Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Broadband
Have a question about our totally unlimited broadband? Why not ask the community a question.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Privacy warning - this network is blocking encrypted DNS traffic

This subject is involved & not knowing how much you know, or want to know about it, I will try to explain. When you type a website address URL in the browser this must be converted to an IP address, as the URL is not rotatable, only an IP address is....

Weak Security Warning on Apple IOS and Windows 10 or 11

Some Apple products have recently had an upgrade that can show the WiFi connection as having weak security:- iPad Software Version 14.01 - since the update to Version 14.0 it has shown Weak Security iPhone SE Software Version 14.01 -since the update ...

I would like to upgrade to fibre...

I recently signed up to the Fast Broadband package, which was installed on the 9th of March following a slight delay. But I find it's horrendously slow all of the time. So, no offense, but the awful quality means I simply cannot really upload anythin...

BB Speed Suddenly Dropped

Ever since I was shifted to FTTC about two years ago my speed has been a pleasingly consistent 35+Mbs. However last night (28.04.22) I realised my speed had dropped and when I checked it was showing almost 50% slower at 19Mbs. I turned the router off...

BB Speed Drop 29.04.22.png

Broadband speed dropped after new contract

Can anyone give me a technical explanation why the upload speed of my line dropped from 24Mbps to 21.8Mbps at exactly the time I contracted for a further 18 months of service.The speed has been regularly checked using the dashboard inside the Router....

Fast Broadband too slow for Ring doorbell

I have just bought a Ring 4 for peace of mind as I’m newly disabled. I am on “Fast Broadband” because fibre is not available at my location. The expected download speed of my service is adequate at 22 Mbps, but the upload speed a mere 1 Mbps meaning ...

Intermittent upload speeds/connection to server

Today, suddenly, I cannot get several phone apps to connect, but this also extends to PC. I have run several speed tests - sometimes they are fine, other times either the connection to server fails, or the upload speed doesn't record. I have tried re...

skkrbt by Team Player
  • 4 replies
  • 0 like

Guaranteed minimum 280Mbps, receiving 200

I've come back here as a last resort really.Since I upgraded from fibre 150 to fibre 250 on 1st February, the speeds have been nowhere near the guaranteed minimum. Monday, an engineer visited and 10 minutes before he arrived, the speed shot up to bet...

Broadband Speed Dropped

Hi,In the past week we have noticed a significant drop in our download and upload speed ~20mb download and at least ~5mb on upload, from a previous post a few years ago I remember an assistant modifying either the (Downstream noise safety coefficient...

router.jpg speedtest.jpg

No 5ghv

Hi , i cant see any 5ghz on any of my devices, i have 2.4ghz and 5ghz enabled in my router settings but no 5ghz showing. The 2.4ghz is fine, does my firmware need updating and would this fix this issue.

Dennis56 by Participant
  • 9 replies
  • 0 like

issues with service and pricing

I've recently moved in to care for my elderly mother and help her manage her bills etc and have noticed some issues with the broadband service we are getting, and also have some concerns about the billing. Firstly, regarding the service .. having mon...

Upload speeds.

Firstly really unimpressed with your support. No number, online chat or email is evident in contact details. Seems to be you make it difficult for somebody to get support. Secondly, my upload speed is continuously being throttled. It was 9 meg when I...

Sagecom 5364 router firmware update

My upload speeds are almost zero. I have had a ticket open for weeks but nothing has improved. My router says it need updating but how do I get the necessary software? I asked by email but got no reply.

No improvement after calling helpline!!

For the last 5/6 days the speeds have been dire. At the moment using the talktalk speed check it is telling me 6.9mbps UPLOAD with 1.9mbps DOWNLOAD.!!!!!The chap I talked to yesterday left me with speed up around the 35mbps. Next time I fire up my la...

Wifi speed

Hi there I have a problem again, my wifi is very very slow for some reason even tho I have like 4 or 5 devices connected to it and I am very close to thr router. No matter what I do it is still very slow, my download speed is 1.65 and my upload speed...

Neshniva by Chatterbox
  • 3 replies
  • 0 like

Faster/better connection

Looking to move my router and was wondering if any tech types know which is preferable ,a longer internet cable and router nearer TV ,PS4 etc or keep router where it is and buy another ethernet cable? Also could I just buy a super router? Would it wo...

Bernard12 by Popular Poster
  • 2 replies
  • 0 like

Slow internet

Hi, Still having issues with our broadband being really slow and cutting out quite frequently. The TalkTalk service centre has again recommended getting an Openreach engineer to come out to have a look at the issue. The first engineer came out and ha...

ACameron by First Timer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 like

Openreach Engineer Suggests Getting a New Hub

Hi, Our internet has been slow and cutting out regularly recently so we got an engineer to come to the house to try and solve the problem. They managed to fix it temporarily but the problem has returned. They suggested that we get in touch with TalkT...

ACameron by First Timer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 like

Very slow upload speed

And here we go again trying to type talk and get a diagnosis off somebody that is just reading off a cheat sheet.Trying to insist that all the local phone lines and the exchange is good and its all in my house that the problem lays - nothing has chan...

cdmurray by Participant
  • 4 replies
  • 0 like

Very very slow upload speed

I am working from home and yesterday discovered my upload broadband speed was very very low (less than 1 Mb/s). I live in the BT9 area of Belfast. This has greatly affected by ability to work.

Punto99 by First Timer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 like

Router needs rebooting every day

We're past our stabilisation period (fibre 65) and the newly provided router still requires rebooting multiple times a day because the speeds drop to below 1mb. What can be done? I work from home so this is untenable and enormously frustrating.

Intermediate internet connection

Anybody else experiencing internet issues in Birchington Kent area. Internet went down Saturday evening around 11pm, cam back on briefly at 11:30pm then went off again. As of this Sunday morning the connection is intermittent at best. And why do Talk...

Upload speeds

When I run a speed test, all the speeds look fine, but when I use Zoom, my upload speed drops dramatically almost to zero ! Why is this ?

Very slow speeds recently

In the last few of weeks our upload speed has slowed down very much Previously we had sufficient bandwidth for video conferencing. Zoom has become unusable which is a great shame for my elderly parents. I ran all the TalkTalk status tests but no solu...

Labels