cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Broadband upload speed dropped to 0.7mbps

g406p
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 23 of 23

Hi,

been having issues with our broadband (fibre 65mb) connection useless at times.

gets resonable download speeds but upload speeds have dropped from around 16mbps to max out at 0.7mbps. this drop has occurred as i was nearing end of contract period with link suggesting upgrade to a faster connection ( the 65mb was fine for over 18 months) so not required.

we have to work from home and now the extreme ly slow upload is now stopping us from being able to work as file and document uploads take forever.

i have sat for two hours on a sunday trying to resolve this with chat help but they could not do anything or understand the problem. and they closed the fault report without resolving the issue.

this may be a bit of rant but i pay for a connection and it is not working correctly.

even your own check says poor connection.

Can someone look into this for me before i leave????

TT i want you to take this seriously as to me it looks like you have capped the upload speed, but all you are going to do is loose a long term customer.

22 REPLIES 22

Message 1 of 23

Hi @g406p 

That's great, I'm glad to hear that the speed has increased 🙂

If you do experience any further issues then please let us know.

I have sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 23

Hi,

Engineer found a few issues with external equipment, and had to replace fibre port at exchange.

Upload speed is up to 16-18mbps now with 40-44mbps download. So all back to prep fault levels. Fingers crossed it stays at these levels.

Thanks

Message 3 of 23

Hi @g406p 

How are you getting on following the engineer visit?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 23

HI @g406p 

Thanks for your reply.

I've arranged the engineer visit for 03/07 AM (8am - 1pm)

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 5 of 23

Debbie 

I'm available for an engineer visit Wednesday 3rd July am or pm.
Thanks

Message 6 of 23

Hi g406p

The upload sync speed hasn't increased.

Would you like me to arrange an Openreach engineer visit?

Please can you provide your availability for this visit AM and PM?

Can you also confirm potential engineer charges

Engineer charges

0 Likes

Message 7 of 23

Hi @g406p 

Thanks for confirming that the router is now at the test socket. I will check the connection stats again tomorrow morning and if the speed hasn't started to increase then we can arrange an Openreach engineer visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

g406p
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 23

Debbie 

Yes still have an issue with extremely low upload speed.

Router been connected to test socket since yesterday at 7am.

There has been no improvement to the upload speed still under 0.7mbps.

Can this be progressed to get fixed?

0 Likes

Message 9 of 23

Hi @g406p 

Do you still need help with this?

Did you connect the phone, filter and router at test socket?

0 Likes

Message 10 of 23

Hello,

Apologies for the confusion, the phone can also connect at the microfilter at the test socket.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 11 of 23

Debbie,

It's possible but that takes our landline phones out of action which is not an option with working from home. 

0 Likes

Message 12 of 23

Hi @g406p 

The line tests are clear. Would it be possible to keep the router and filter at the test socket for at least 48hrs (without rebooting the router) to allow DLM time to monitor the connection and adjust the profile/speed?

If the upload speed doesn't start to increase then the next step will be an Openreach engineer visit.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 23

Hi

Bought a filter at weekend, tried connected through service socket all day Sunday and there was no improvement.

The speed still below 0.7mbps upload. There must be a problem on the system side as I have tried new router, new filter by sevice socket etc which rules out anything in my home.

Can someone check  why?

G

0 Likes

Message 14 of 23

Morning,

I'm sorry for the delay. Would you like us to send you a microfilter as ideally we would test the router at the test socket to rule this out?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 15 of 23

@g406p, that's a No Reply email address. Staff will only be able to see what you posted in the thread.

Email replies do not reach them.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 16 of 23

thanks for the info @Gliwmaeden2 

i had replied this morning via email reply but posted the same here to keep thread complete.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 23

@g406p, staff are on here during the day, Monday to Friday, so won't be able to follow up over the weekend. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

g406p
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 23

Hi

alternate router was up for 2-3 hours but no change in upload speed and returned to original router.

the socket is a 5c so another filter would be required to use the internal test socket, which i don't have.

0 Likes

Message 19 of 23

Morning,

Ok thank you for confirming this. How long was the alternative router connected for? Does your main socket also have a test socket please?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

g406p
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 23

Can you do anything to improve the sync and the upload speed?

Have even tried a new modem/router but the speeds are the same so issue has to be external ie line, exchange or tt equipment.

Can this be investigated further?

0 Likes