cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Issue REP-14265006

Martin1st
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 10
  • Your on line checking system says that there is not an issue.
    I currently have no connection and having to use mobile. I have a very noisy phone line which is exactly the same problem I had a few weeks ago when you eventually sent out an Open Reach engineer who made new connections in the road to repair the fault.

• The current connection is very intermittent and when connected only reaches a maximum speed of 31Mbs. 
Martin
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

That's great news Marin, thanks for letting me know 🙂

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

Hi Chris,

Open Reach engineer has just left.

He had to run a new cable between two boxes in the road as both my existing pairs to my house  were faulty.

System is up and running, currently connected at around 49Mbs.

Thanks again for your assistance in getting a resolution to the problem.

Martin.

Martin

Message 3 of 10

Thanks Martin, I've booked the first appointment available - June 20 2024, AM - please let us know how you get on

Chris

Message 4 of 10

Hi Chris,

Appreciate your help and confirm that an engineers visit is probably necessary.

happy to accept cost of visit if not proven to be a fault in the supply cabling.

Any time Wednesday or Thursday is fine, will make sure someone is available at home, although last engineer has already checked my system and wiring. 

Some urgency would be appreciated as will be away on Friday for a few days.

Martin 

Martin
0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

OK thanks. We can arrange an engineer visit to investigate further. If you'd like us to do this please let us know and we'll confirm some details with you

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

Hi Chris,

Sorry for late response, have been out. 
Have removed connection face plate and plugged telephone into the direct connection to external wiring. Confirm that the line noise is still there. 

Best regards,

Martin. 
Martin
0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 10

Hi Martin,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with your service again. Just to confirm, do you still hear that noise on the line with the telephone connected to the test socket?

Chris

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 10

Copied from your other new topic:

REP-: 14428740

• Talktalk on line checking system says that there is not an issue.
    I currently have no connection and having to use mobile. I have a very noisy phone line which is exactly the same problem I had a few weeks ago (REP-14265006) when you eventually sent out an Open Reach engineer who made new connections in the road to repair the fault.

• The current connection is very intermittent and when connected only reaches a maximum speed around 30Mbs. 
Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 10

@Martin1st 

Please follow up on here. I'll copy and paste the new thread here in a moment and remove the heading,  as staff will be able to see the new reference number in the message. 

It can duplicate work on the forum if you keep starting new threads, which makes things less efficient. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.