cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Upload speed 0.3mbs

Scolari
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 3

My broadband upload speed is so poor it is impossible to work from home. I can't even send emails without waiting. I have spoken to TalkTalk customer service and they gave me a new IP address (??) which solved the problem for about a week, but now the problem has returned (see attached picture). Is it possible to get a new router? Or is there another solution? We've been with TalkTalk a number of years, but this is unacceptably low upload speeds so if it can't be fixed I assume I can change providers without paying an exit fee? 

Screenshot_20240920-175702_Chrome.jpg

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Message 1 of 3

Not sure i have a test socket, but yes it's copper into the house, then the router is plugged directly into where it comes into the house.

if this was the issue though, would it not have been a problem over the last three years and not just the last three weeks? We have had no problems until now. Could it be the router just needs replacing? 

Thanks for your help. 

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

Which service do have? Judging by the download speed it is FTTC which is delivered over the copper line to your phone socket. Have you tried connecting at the test socket to see if there is any improvement? 

0 Likes