cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Shell to TalkTalk Service Issues

guppy02
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

Hi

I am curious if anyone else has had issues since being migrated to talktalk from Shell. My service has been fine until about a month after the migration was completed. Since then my speeds have dropped from the guaranteed 25/6 mb to 12/2 mb/s. I am having to use 5G tether to work from home as talktalk too unstable for my VPN.

TalkTalk say there is nothing wrong with my line. Both my router, Shell router and the new TalkTalk router are all providing same speed results!

One of the support guys on here kindly agreed to arrange an Openreach engineer visit. He arrived said nothing wrong but strangely my speeds improved after his visit 2 week ago. Now I’m back to naff speeds. For £70 visit i feel pretty **** off!

I am currently trying to get out of my contract. I been told I can leave in 30 days time. I am done with landlines after this! I am going to talk my chances with 5G till proper fibre is in my area.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

DavidCochran
Repeat Guest
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 5

Yes, was on gfast 250 Mbps getting 200-210ish. Migrated Friday, Saturday my speed was knocking around 90, as low as 50 and settled to around 120. Customer service was hopeless following a script saying no issue, upgrade, use the connection less all of which was totally not the right advice. Wasted so much time trying to sort, luckily I was out of contract anyway and I've opted to move to full fibre which just went live,I've picked non talk talk provider as of 2/9/24 900mbps each way, no mid contract price hike and £31.99 a month . Really wouldn't recommend talk talk really poor service based on my experience and not very competitive on price. Good luck

🤞

Message 2 of 5

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. To get the help you need please give the team a call on 0345 172 0088, they'll be able to help.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 3 of 5

I use my own Asus router which I use with Asus mesh boosters. I need a VDSL modem to use the router. I have used openreach modems for years never had any issues, and I don't think this is the issue.

Yes I have plugged directly into the master socket behind the openreach filtered socket that I have fitted.

I had talktalk a few years ago when all I had was adsl and they were hopeless then I had poor speeds. I have been with plusnet and then shel and never had issues like this!

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

@guppy02 

I have looked at your previous topic, I am not surprised that you have had issues judging by the photo you posted earlier about your setup. Did you get the TalkTalk Hub and have you tried connecting that directly at the phone socket? There is no need to include the Openreach modem whatsoever. 

0 Likes