cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

setting upwifi extenders

grumpygranny
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 3

i need these in every room, they arent all the same make but mostly BT ones, one is a hwawei. theres some conflict and it makes the broadband speed drop from an average of 48 down to 12

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Hi grumpygranny,

How are you getting on, do you still need assistance

Chris

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

Hi @grumpygranny 

You should not need them in every room, there is every chance that by doing this, you will make the signal & hence the speeds much worse. What you need to do, is to investigate what the problem is & only put extenders (if required) in one or two places, unless you have a very large property. I can help a lot with this investigation.

Slow speed, intermittent dropouts, breaks in the signal, no signal on some or all devices or no internet access might be caused by Wi-Fi interference from other local networks, which can also lead to a permanent reduction in speed. No ISP can be responsible for your local environment, this is mainly a byproduct of the popularity of Wi-Fi.

Generally speaking, the 2.4GHz band suffers a lot more from interference than the much faster 5GHz band, but the 2.4GHz one can sometimes have a better range, but this all depends on your local area.

In other words, I try to help you optimise your Wi-Fi connection. If you would like me to help you, please can you specify the make/model of TalkTalk router that you are using?

The information below is provided by TalkTalk, for confirmation please contact @Debbie-TalkTalk or@Michelle-TalkTalk.

KeithFrench is one of our valued Community Stars and can help with a range of issues related to wireless and networking. At times he may ask you to send him test results via a Private Message to help analyse/diagnose an issue. Although Keith does not work for TalkTalk, he very kindly shares his time and knowledge to help with others.

If you need further help or, if we need to take any details such as personal information about your account like phone numbers, account numbers etc. one of the TalkTalk team will jump in and help out.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes