cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

TalkTalk DNS error

kevinr1
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 10 of 10

I use TalkTalk's DNS servers for the HomeSafe features. I also use third party e-mail servers.  I am having trouble with one of those mail servers - mail.kpryan.co.uk that is on IP address 89.187.85.120. If I ping mail.kpryan.co.uk using Google DNS servers the IP address matches. Using TalkTalk's DNS the ping for mail.kpryan.co.uk returns 62.24.138.17 that I believe belongs to TalkTalk. I have tried flushing the DNS cache on my PC but that does not help.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hello,

I'm glad to hear this and thanks for confirming 🙂

Michelle

0 Likes

kevinr1
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 2 of 10

All looks good now. Mail and webmail now working again.

Thank you for your help.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

I've asked the network team to investigate this for you. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

kevinr1
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 4 of 10

How do I get this issued fixed? I know I can use Google's DNS servers but that will bypass the KidsSafe feature that is very important to me. 

0 Likes

kevinr1
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 5 of 10

I changed the DNS server to 8.8.8.8 (Google), pinged mail.kpryan.co.uk and got the correct IP address. Putting the DNS server back to 79.79.79.79 and the ping returns 62.24.138.17 for the mail server but 62.24.151.225 for the webmail and ftp servers.  They should all point at the same shared IP. I think the errors are in the TalkTalk DNS.

0 Likes

kevinr1
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 6 of 10

Nothing changed.  Pinging mail.kpryan.co.uk still returns 62.24.138.17 instead of 89.187.85.120.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Hi kevinr1, have you had any success?

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

kevinr1
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 8 of 10

No, I haven't tried that. I will leave it off overnight.

Thank you

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 10

Have you tried turning of the router for 3 hours?

Ady

0 Likes