cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Slow wifi on fibre 35 with DG8041 router

timjp11
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 16

My fibre 35 contract has recently been renewed. However I am now experiencing far more problems than in the past with slow speeds ( often below 10Mps)  despite no changes in equipment or location of router.  Rebooting the router helps for a couple of hours after which the speed drops again. This afternoon I did  30 min switch off as recommended by your chatbot. Upon rebooting speed was still not the expected 30+ but around 20. It has now dropped below 10,  which seems to be happening every day.  We are getting frequent problems streaming TV  with no other devices being used.  Can I have a replacement router please? 

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16

Hi Tim

I'm so glad to hear that the router has resolved this fault, thanks for letting us know.

Apologies, we don't receive any replies through the email, we can only see responses posted back on the Community directly. 

I have sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 16

@timjp11, I agree that the "No Reply" detail of the email address is not particularly prominent! However, these emails are for notification purposes only.

You can find your way back to your threads and posts via the profile area, where you will find the ACTIVITY tab. That makes it much easier to keep track.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 3 of 16

Hi Debbie /Michelle,

New router arrived and installed. Everything is fine now speed is around 36 and doesn't drop.

The old router was clearly at fault. I notice the new one is a different model

Thank you for your help

One bit of feedback about this way of contacting you.

I have replied to your emails on more than one occasion  but on inspecting the address from which they were sent I found it was no-reply. I do find the process of logging into this forum, receiving a code and then searching to  locating the messages  pretty inconvenient, especially from a phone. 

Kind Regards

Tim Price

Message 4 of 16

Morning,

How are you getting on, has the router arrived?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 5 of 16

Hi timjp11

I'm sorry for the delay.

I've ordered the replacement router, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Please let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

AllyM
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 16

@timjp11 ,

You still don't appear to have answered Keith's question, whether it is only WiFi which is affected or does the issue affect wired connections also.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 16

Hi Michelle, why do I keep getting asked to update my community profile?

My phone numbers are there exactly as requested.

My user name is timjp11 although in the profile it is timjp1 and I can't change it as it tells me timjp11 is already taken - yes by me  .

My wifi is still giving problems every day and needs frequent reboots to be usable.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 16

Hi Tim,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • TalkTalk Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

timjp11
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 16

Hi Michelle,

Yes problem is still there. Download speed this morning is 1.1. It was very slow yesterday evening when I got home  so I rebooted, which temporarily cured it as always.  Do I need a new router? 

Tim

0 Likes

Message 10 of 16

Morning,

Do you still need assistance?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 11 of 16

Hi timjp1,

Sorry I cant see the details, could you check that you're added them

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 16

If the Dashboard speeds are fine, then the issue is between the router & your devices. How do you connect, just via wireless or wired (Ethernet) as well? If both, are the Ethernet ones faster than the wireless ones?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

timjp1
First Timer
Private Message
Message 13 of 16

Hi Michelle,

I have updated my profile as requested.

More info on my problem:

At 4.40am ( yes I know;)  this morning speed was 1 Mbps. As always turning the router off and on improved things this time to 35Mbps.

By 8.00 this morning it was 19 and currently 09.42 it is 17.1. 

The router dashboard shows 39.06 download and 8.98 upload speed.

Awaiting your proposals

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 14 of 16

Hello,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 16

This may or may not be the router. When you log into the DG8041W what speeds are shown in the initial dashboard area?

If you have any wired connections, are they affected in the same way as wireless ones?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes