cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Solid white light on router but no internet despite connection

Chris1C
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 23 of 23

Hi,

I’ve had no internet all day today. My router is showing a solid white light and my desktop is showing the wifi as “Connected, no internet”. I don’t have any internet either through wifi or through the wired connection through my Ethernet cable. Have spoken to TalkTalk who said it was a faulty broadband cable and they would send me a replacement but managed to source a replacement myself and still found the same issue. Have done almost all troubleshooting I can think of but I’m at a loss.

My router is the Sagemcom-FAST5364, if this is any help. Thanks in advance, could really do with some help on this one.

0 Likes
22 REPLIES 22

Message 1 of 23

Hi richlink83,

If you still need assistance can you please start your own thread as fr8ys has requested, and we'll be happy to help

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 23

Hi @richlink83 
Please start your own thread as each case is considered unique and it is easier for support to be given to one person per thread and also less confusing.
To start your thread click the Browse button, then Help With Your Service and select the appropriate category. You will then see a Blue Button "Start A Topic"
Please also note that you should only post back on that thread and not start another on the same topic as multiple posts cause delay to you and others seeking help.
Thank you

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

richlink83
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 23

What on earth is the solution to this?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 23

Hi Chris,

That's great news, thanks for letting us know 🙂

Chris

0 Likes

Chris1C
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 5 of 23

Hi, just an update on this one, got the new router last night and so far, so good. Got full connection via Wi-Fi and Ethernet so looks like it was the old router that was faulty. Appreciate the help and the swift response on this, thank you!

0 Likes

Message 6 of 23

No, that's something different. It was just a thought.

Hope the new router works when you receive it.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

Message 7 of 23

Just checked and there is a WPS button on it (not sure if that’s the same thing you’ve mentioned) but the router hadn’t been touched at all between when it was working and when the internet dropped so can’t think it would have been that

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 23

Just a thought, but I seem to recall some routers used to have a physical WiFi button. Does yours, and has it been turned off by accident?

0 Likes

Message 9 of 23

No problem, thanks 🙂

Chris

0 Likes

Message 10 of 23

That’s fantastic, thanks very much! Will let you know how it goes once it’s here.

Message 11 of 23

OK, I've ordered the router, it should be with you within a couple of days

Chris

0 Likes

Message 12 of 23

I don’t have another one so I would really appreciate that if you could

0 Likes

Message 13 of 23

OK thanks. Do you have another router that you can test with? If not then I can arrange to send one

Chris

0 Likes

Message 14 of 23

It was just connected to the main socket but I opened up the panel and tried the test socket to see if that made any difference but just gave me the exact same result

0 Likes

Message 15 of 23

OK thanks, it's strange that the light is white but you have no internet connection. Is your router currently connected to your test socket - Your guide to main phone sockets - TalkTalk Help & Support

Chris

0 Likes

Message 16 of 23

Yeah still a solid white light, all my devices will “connect” to the Wi-Fi the way they normally would but with no internet access.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 23

OK thanks, and you still have a solid white light on the router?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 18 of 23

Hi, thanks for the response and yeah still the same, no internet connection since Thursday now. Unfortunately, I don’t have a landline phone to be able to check that, sorry.

0 Likes

Message 19 of 23

Hi Chris,

How are you getting on, do you still have no internet connection. Are you having any problems with your telephone service, is there a dial tone? Any noise on the line?

Chris

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 23

Ok, thanks for confirming.

Staff work normal office hours, weekdays so it will be Monday or Tuesday before you get a response.

Sounds more like a router issue rather than cable to me, but I may be wrong.

0 Likes