cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Broadband "dropping out"

rautospoon
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 60 of 60

Hi. For the last few weeks my broadband (Fibre 65) has been "dropping out" numerous times a day. It only "drops out" for a few minutes then comes back on again of its own accord, I have a NTE 5C Openreach Box (fitted last year), a Sagemcom FAST5364 Router and "wired" Ethernet. I have also noticed recently that my download speed has reduced from over 60 Mbps to around 45.Mbps  I've not touched, changed or fiddled with anything. Any ideas, how to resove these issues ?

0 Likes
59 REPLIES 59

Message 2 of 60

Cheers and thanks for all the help.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 60

Morning,

I'm glad to hear this. I've checked your connection stats and they also look very stable to us too 🙂

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 4 of 60

Hi Debbie / Michelle.

Looks like the problem is solved as I have just informed the OR engineer that for the second week "running" there have been no "dropouts" whilst connected to broadband.  Could you also check the stability of my line over the last week ? 

Many thanks.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 60
0 Likes

Message 6 of 60

Thanks Debbie and will do.

Message 7 of 60

Hi rautospoon

Thanks for your reply.

The engineer hasn't stated on the notes that this will be a chargeable visit. If anything shows on your next bill then please let me know.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 8 of 60

Thanks for the reply. The engineer replaced the faceplate and replaced (as he thought it could also be faulty) the internal filter with an external DSL472 microfilter. He also checked / replaced wires / connections in the outside BT access box. During my prior lengthy call with Live Chat I did everthing asked of me including test socket.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 60

Hi rautospoon

The engineers notes advise that the faceplate was faulty and replaced.

Did the engineer replace the whole socket or just the faceplate? Did you also try the test socket before the engineer visit to see if the connection remained stable?

I've checked the connection stats and the connection appears to be stable, no reconnections are showing.

Thanks

0 Likes

rautospoon
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 60

Hi Michelle. I have just informed the OR engineer that there have been no "dropouts" whilst connected to broadband over the last week - could you also check the stability of my line over the last week ? As agreed I wil continue tol monitor the situation and contact the engineer again in a weeks time.

Could you also confirm that I have not / will not be charged for the latest engineers visit as the problem does seem to have been the defective Master Socket (as detailed in my earlier post) which is the responsibility of OR.

Many thanks.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 60

Thanks, will "keep you posted" as I said.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 60

Morning,

That's brilliant news 🙂 If anything changes then we're always happy to help.

Michelle 🙂

Message 13 of 60

Good morning Michelle.

No drop-outs so far. The OR engineer confirmed that a line-test caused the drop-out shortly after he left yesterday. He also asked me to monitor the situation and contact him in 1 weeks and 2 weeks time to advise if drop-outs persist. Will also advise you on here.

Many thanks.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 60

Good morning,

I've re-checked the connection stats now and it looks stable so far. How have you found the connection since yesterday?

Thanks

Michelle

Message 15 of 60
0 Likes

Message 16 of 60

Thanks Michelle, appreciated.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 60

Hello,

Thank you. I'll also re-check your connection stats first thing in the morning and will post an update back here 🙂

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 18 of 60

Hi Michelle and thanks for the speedy response.

Will monitor as you suggest and "post" the result tomorrow morning.

0 Likes

Message 19 of 60

Morning rautospoon,

Thanks for the update. The re-connection could be a result of the line test that the engineer completes after the fault investigation has been completed. Would it be ok to monitor the stability for the rest of the day and we'll check back in with you in the morning to see how you're getting on? 

We won't be able to comment on any potential charges at this stage as the engineer report will be sent and checked by our TRCS team.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

rautospoon
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 60

Hi Debbie. OR engineer visited this morning and left at 10:15. He did various checks and replaced the faceplate and filter within the Master Socket (as he thought they may be faulty) with a new faceplate and an external DSL472 microfilter. He also checked and replaced some wires in the outside BT access box. He left his number and asked me to contact him (which I will do) if the problem persists.

Unfortunately my broadband again "went down" (for a minute just like before) at 10:30 so the problem does persist.

Please advise further and also confirm I will not be charged for this OR visit which has not resolved the problem.

Many thanks.

0 Likes