cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Broadband "dropping out"

rautospoon
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 60 of 60

Hi. For the last few weeks my broadband (Fibre 65) has been "dropping out" numerous times a day. It only "drops out" for a few minutes then comes back on again of its own accord, I have a NTE 5C Openreach Box (fitted last year), a Sagemcom FAST5364 Router and "wired" Ethernet. I have also noticed recently that my download speed has reduced from over 60 Mbps to around 45.Mbps  I've not touched, changed or fiddled with anything. Any ideas, how to resove these issues ?

0 Likes
59 REPLIES 59

Message 41 of 60

You are very welcome !

Message 42 of 60

Hi rautospoon

I am so happy to hear this, thanks for letting us know 🙂

0 Likes

rautospoon
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 43 of 60

Since the provision of a new router and the visit by an Openreach engineer, the problems with my "broadband connectivity and speed" have been fixed. The connection is "constant" and my previous "speed level" restored.

Debbie (Community), Guendolen (Live Chat) and Adan (Openreach engineer) could not have been more helpful in providing first class customer service in succesfully resoving this issue, many thanks indeed.

Message 44 of 60

Hi rautospoon

Thank you 🙂

I have also sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 45 of 60

Thanks, will do.

Message 46 of 60

Hi rautospoon

That's great 🙂

There will be no charge for this router. Please can you return the old router using the pre paid returns bag.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 47 of 60

Hi Debbie. Router received safely yesterday and installed this morning. Will "let you know" if the "dropping out" persists or not, so far so good !

Also spoken to TT Live Chat this morning and an engineer from Open Reach is "coming out" tomorrow to also check the situation.

Great sevice from you and Live Chat !

Could you confirm there is "no charge" for the new Router and should I return the old one using the "pre-paid" label and envelope ?

Thank you.

Message 48 of 60

Hi rautospoon

Just checking in to see if you have received the router?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 49 of 60

Cheers !

Message 50 of 60

Hi rautospoon

Ahh thank you very much 🙂

I will check in with you later on in the week too.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 51 of 60

Hi Debbie. Thanks for that, first class customer services and much appreciated. Will test the new router for a few days before letting you know the outcome.

0 Likes

Message 52 of 60

Hi rautospoon

Thank you 🙂

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 53 of 60

Hi Debbie. My name and landline number on my profile are correct. Thank you.

Message 54 of 60

Hi rautospoon

Thanks for your reply.

I will send the router to the address linked to the details/landline number in your Community Profile. Are the details in your profile correct? (please don't post any details on this thread)

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 55 of 60

Hi Debbie. Yes, that would be great, thanks for that. Do you have my details ?

Message 56 of 60

Hi @rautospoon 

Would you like me to send a replacement router?

0 Likes

rautospoon
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 57 of 60

Red, then red and blue, then back to blue

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 58 of 60

Hi rautospoon

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test and this hasn't detected any faults but I can see re connections on the line.

Would you like me to send a replacement router for testing so we can rule this out?

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 59 of 60

When it drops out, what is the exact status of the light on the router?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?