cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Ongoing internet/wifi issues on several devices

Libasaurus
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 10

I've had issues with my internet for some time but it's beginning to really get on my nerves so I thought I'd get in touch.

The connection doesn't seem to be stable at all and I have issues on several devices.

• On my work Mac, even low quality Teams calls drop out every minute for 5-10 seconds. Not cool when you're trying to relay information back and forth. I mostly work from home too.
  • On my home PC things that require a stable and constant stream drop out.
  • On my iphone I find that it occasionally disconnects and I have to turn off wifi and back on for  it to reconnect.

These are all over Wifi. It's not suitable for me to connect them directly. All of these devices are in the same room as the hub, around 5 metres away, with nothing blocking them at all.

I've tried all the tools on TalkTalk's website and none seem to help. Apparently my hub has the latest firmware.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi @Libasaurus 

You're welcome 🙂

I will check in again with you next week to see how you are getting on.

Debbie

Message 2 of 10

Appreciated - thank you.

Message 3 of 10

Hi @Libasaurus 

Thanks for your reply.

I've ordered the router for you, there will be no charge for this.

Please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive. Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks again.

Debbie

Libasaurus
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 10

If you wouldn't mind? Would I have to pay for it?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Hi @Libasaurus 

Would you like me to send a replacement router first so we can rule this out?

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

The router was sent out when I first ordered the service - probably pretty much bang on 4 years ago now.

Message 7 of 10

Hi @Libasaurus 

Thanks for updating your Community Profile.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults. When did we last send you a new router?

0 Likes

Message 8 of 10

Thank you - just had to look it up as I don't use it. Have now added to profile.

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 10

Hi @Libasaurus 

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, we can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes