cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Not connecting: Hive Hub - Sagemcom FAST 5364 3.00 SG4K100174

IanGu
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 3

My Hive Hub (Nano 2 Hub V2) has worked fine for many years, cable connected to my TalkTalk Router (Sagemcom FAST 5364 3.00). But at some point over the last several months it has fallen offline - constantly showing a slow flashing green light - and I can't get it to recover its connection.

All other connected devices on my router are working fine.

I've attempted all troubleshooting as advised at the Hive website 'What to do if your Hive Hub is offline' help page, and also by resetting the Router. Following any/all approaches suggested I just end up with the Hive Hub still showing a flashing green light (ie not connected).

The power and ethernet cable connections are definitely sound, and I can access the router's configuration and see the device 'hivehub' as live on the network.

I've read on some similar posts it may be due to the SG4K100174 router software update, and the Sagemcom model being unsuitable for the service required by the Hive Hub. Is there an alternative TalkTalk router model I could be provided, to see if this is the root of the problem?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Message 1 of 3

Thanks for your quick response @KeithFrench .

So the router firewall setting has always been at the default 'Medium' (including during the period the Hive Hub was working fine), although I recently reduced to 'Low' as part of my troubleshooting effort.

On Port Forwarding, there is nothing instructed in the Hive documentation, and I've not previously had any Port Forwarding in place over the period the Hive Hub was working fine. But, since it failed, my research took me to advice that:

"The router ports required by Hive Hub are
UDP port 123 (NTP)
TCP port 443 (HTTPS)
TCP port 5671 (AMQPS)"

So I implemented these, in the manner shown by the screenshot (of my router config page) included here as an attachment.

Screenshot_20241008-221859.png
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

I think you need to tell me more about the Hive Hub when it flashes green. From what you say the Ethernet connection is fine, so I would presume that this is a networking issue, where the router may or may not be the cause. To try & understand the problem more, find the cause & rectify it, please can you answer these questions:-

1. What level is the Firewall in the router set to, it must be on medium?
  2. Does the Hive require any port forwarding to be configured within the router?

Other customers use the Hive without issue on the 5364, which is the standard TalkTalk router & running firmware V174.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes