cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Speed, Lies, broken promises.

Bayleyvilla
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 16 of 16

I will start with the speed issue, I used to have nothing but praise for Talk Talk, sadly that has now dwindled.

I used to enjoy speeds of 63455Kbps down and 20000Kbps up. Good quality connection with no connection or usage problems for audio and or video calls.

This is sadly now not the case 48089Kbps down and 12000Kbps up. Unacceptable quality on the connection with continual problems with audio and video calls.

Talk Talk have tested the line many times and state that there is no fault.

In desperation I agreed to them sending there engineer out to look to see if there was a problem.

So the appointment was made:

Date  : 20/10/2022, 11:34
TalkTalk Update: Your engineer visit is confirmed for 25/10/2022 between 1500 to 1800. If you can't be at home, please reply to this message before midday at least one working day before that date to avoid a missed appointment fee of £40.00. (Standard mobile charges may apply)

Great finally getting something sorted, then on the day of the appointment:

Date  : 25/10/2022, 12:51
TalkTalk Update: Hello, we're sorry we missed you when we came out to do a repair. To arrange another appointment with our engineer, just go to our online Service Centre talktalk.co.uk/bookengineer, or reply to this message. We have to charge you for the missed appointment and you'll see this on your next bill - to find out more, see our terms and conditions talktalk.co.uk/engineerterms

Strange how can I have missed the appointment 2 hours before it was due. Called Talk Talk and was told that the engineer was not available to attend the appointment and that he would be calling me. And that the charge mentioned would not appear on my bill.

Later that day:

Date  : 25/10/2022, 14:00
Hello, Jake your engineer is on the way and is due to arrive between 15:00 - 18:00 Please make sure you are at home between these times. Thanks, TalkTalk

What can I say ? ? ?

Well still waiting for the engineer to call.

The charge has gone on the bill, despite being told that it would not be charged.

Another call to Talk Talk: Yas the account has been credited for the engineer missed appointment charge, give it 24 hours.

2 days later charge still there.

Well Talk Talk nothing but lies again and again, where is my compensation for the missed engineer appointment. Extract taken from your own website:

At TalkTalk, we’re committed to providing great value and the best service possible for our customers. As part of this commitment, we've joined the industry's automatic compensation scheme, which means we'll automatically compensate you with a credit on your account in certain circumstances.

You'll receive compensation if you experience a total loss of service, delays to the start of your service for phone and broadband orders, or if an engineer misses an appointment. This will be credited to your account automatically and we'll send an email or text message to let you know, so you don't need to contact us to receive this. You should continue to pay your bills as normal whilst experiencing any issues.

I think its time to start charging for my time having to call, waiting to be connected, being fed crap, constantly lied to, fed false information.

Generally all round pore show, what has happened do you have new owners, please please get your finger out and sort stuff out, and stop your support staff saying anything to appease the customer.

NOY HAPPY

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16

The router has already been replaced and used on the line along with other routers from  Draytek / TP-Link /  Asus the problem remains the same with very little difference in speed and latency. 

0 Likes

Bayleyvilla
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 2 of 16

I could not agree more the line speed is more than capable of sustaining ether type of call.

Its not the wifi. or the appliances used, as they work fine when connected to a different internet connection

( Talk Talk and other providers used to test away from this circuit )

When actioned on this circuit with Talk Talk equipment and others Draytek / TP-Link /  Asus the problem remains the same with very little difference in speed and latency.

The final test was 6 independent friends who have no problems at all with internet-based audio and video calls use our connection and experience the same problems again regardless of the router used.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 16

Hi,

Ok thanks for confirming. Would you like us to send a replacement router for testing purposes to see how the stability compares and to rule out any issues with the current router?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 16

I have recently had the Talk Talk router plugged into the test socket behind the faceplate of the master socket.

I have removed all items that were plugged in and run the tests requested by Talk Talk on a single laptop plugged into the Talk Talk Router.

Whatever scenario or configuration is used or applied the result remains the same. 

My speed has diminished and i am unable to use internet-based voice or video calling to speak to close family relatives.

This never used to be the case, there is some ware a reason for this outside of my control.

My opinion is that the line is impacted in some way, perhaps the node / port is being shared.

Even with the speed drop internet-based voice and video calls should be achievable without problems of cutting out and freezing.    

0 Likes

Message 5 of 16

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line now which hasn't detected a fault, however I can see some re-connections on the line which can affect the broadband speed. Can I just confirm, does your main socket have a test socket please and have you recently tested with a different router?

Thanks

0 Likes

nophead
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 6 of 16

48 Mbps down and 20 Mbps up is still plenty for hi def video, etc.

If that is your connection rate have you tried a broadband speed test to your devices? I think it must be much lower to be causing problems. 

Are you using Wifi, perhaps that is where the problem lies and the drop in line connection rate is coincidental. It could be interference from a neighbour.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 16

No worries, you should get a response on your other issues when the support team are back online from tomorrow. 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 16

Thanks for your input and response, i certainly hope so.

Just hope that someone at Talk Talk picks up the other issues and actions them.

i am 245 metres from the FTTC cabinet have always enjoyed good connection and bandwidth.

the last 6 months have been unbearable, can't internet call or video to family.

even BBC iPlayer and ITV player are buffering never had that before. i returned my equipment to the manufacture and it was returned with a fault free report.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 16

The credit has been applied in good time, the Direct Debit will only take the balance shown in your Transaction history.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 16

1:   Call to Talk Talk 25/10/22 Told that the charge would not be on the bill

2:   Bill generated 04/11/22 showing additional charge

3:  Credit applied 04/11/22

4: direct debit date 11/11/22

my big concern if there are inefficient funds to cover their extra charge the direct debit will bounce, then we will be charged.

Credit scores can be affected

why should i have to get an overdraft to cover their mistakes.

How very unfair.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 16

The bill can't be altered, the credit will appear on the next one. When respectively are the dates of the credit, the email and the Direct Debit? 

0 Likes

Message 12 of 16

Thanks for that.

Did not know that existed.

It appears there is a credit there, but the bill has not been altered, and we have received an email stating the direct debit will be taken for the incorrect amount.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 16

From the Billing page on My Account. Here's a link:

https://www.talktalk.co.uk/my/transactionhistory

0 Likes

Message 14 of 16

Please elaborate: Transaction history.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 16

Have you checked the Transaction history in My Account? 

0 Likes