cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Broadband Connection

Garry53
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 29 of 29

Trying to post a question about connection dropping out all the time . Accussed of post flooding . Realy helpful .

0 Likes
28 REPLIES 28

Message 1 of 29

Hi Garry,

If you'd like us to arrange the engineer visit can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.
  • Confirm your mobile number

I've also sent you a PM to confirm some other details

Thanks
Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 29

Yes please . Please be aware that the problem with speed / drop outs mainly occurs when the weather is wet & windy . Garry

0 Likes

Message 3 of 29

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear that. The line test is clear and the sync speed looks consistent, however I can see that at times the SNR is dropping quite low. If all testing has been completed at the test socket with 2 different routers, cables and microfilters then the next step will be to arrange an engineer visit to the property. Would you like to go ahead with this and we can confirm some details with you?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 29

At the moment the speed is between 1.5 Mbps & 2.2 Mbps . Wired & WiFi . Its also raing & as usual the speed has nosedived .

0 Likes

Message 5 of 29

Hi Garry53

Thanks for your reply. How's the connection been since your last post?

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 29

Yes thank you . Its on test now .

0 Likes

Message 7 of 29

Hi Garry53

Have you received the replacement router?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 8 of 29

Hi Garry53

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive. 

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 9 of 29

I would just like a connection that stays on . If a new router achieve's this then yes . I assume if the problem still persists it would then point to a line fault .

0 Likes

Message 10 of 29

Hi Garry53

I can send one for testing, would you like me to arrange this?

0 Likes

Message 11 of 29

Not recieved one , & no mention of you sending me one . It has just dropped out again !

0 Likes

Message 12 of 29

Hi Garry53

Have we recently sent you a router for testing?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 13 of 29

Re my post made yesterday ."On the last 2 drop out the Power & Broadband on constant . Internet fast flash , Wireless & Ethernet slow flashing . " It also dropped out again last night . So stability would appear to be the same .

0 Likes

Message 14 of 29

Morning,

Just to confirm, how has the stability been since the router has been connected to the test socket?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 15 of 29

The noise is there some days not others . At the moment there is no noise on the phone line .

0 Likes

Message 16 of 29

Hi Garry,

Do you still hear the noise on your telephone line if you disconnect the router? 

Chris 

0 Likes

Message 17 of 29

On the last 2 drop out the Power & Broadband on constant . Internet fast flash , Wireless & Ethernet slow flashing . Any ideas?

0 Likes

Message 18 of 29

Hi Garry53,

Does the light change on your router when the connection drops?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 19 of 29

The router is plugged into the test socket at the moment . The drop out occure more often when it is very windy or raining . The phone line has a crackling noise in the background as well when we are getting a lot of drop outs . The problem affects both Wi Fi and ethernet & the only way we can get the broadband back is to re-boot the router .

Message 20 of 29

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear that your connection is unstable. The line test is clear, however I can see quite a few re-connections on the line and also an intermittently high number of errored seconds. Is there any noise on the voice service? Does your main socket have a test socket please?

Thanks