cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Broadband Connection

Garry53
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 29 of 29

Trying to post a question about connection dropping out all the time . Accussed of post flooding . Realy helpful .

0 Likes
28 REPLIES 28

Message 21 of 29

We are all helpful here. But "connection dropping" can be caused by disparate issues with one common result.

Have you carried out any tests? Determine if it's wi-fi interference by connecting to the router by Ethernet.

Has the sync speed reduced that might indicate increased line attenuation? Is there increased electrical interference in your home? Test by connecting direct to the Test Socket and check using a corded handset to listen for line noise. You've had other advice. It's pointless asking for guesses as to what the root cause is.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 22 of 29

Hi @Garry53,

Do you know if the problem is with the router losing its connection to the internet (in which case a light on your router which is normally constantly lit will change colour or flash), or is it that you are losing Wi-Fi connection between your device(s) and your router (in which case the light(s) on the router will just carry on looking normal).

Do you have any ‘wired’ devices, do they also lose connection ?

If the router is dropping its connection with the internet it would be worth going to the Service Centre to run a connection test on your line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault affecting your service. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

Also, if you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line).

If your master phone socket has a test socket inside it then you could also try the router in there (via a microfilter), that would then eliminate any of the phone wiring in your home as being a possible cause of the problem.

The TalkTalk Support Team on this community will be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 23 of 29

It can be anything from wonky wiring in the house, to something out there in the street, @Garry53.

Wait for staff to reach your thread during the day. They may well run a line test, so make sure that the router is switched on.

They'll work through steps in a process of elimination to get to the bottom of it and, if necessary, send out the appropriate engineer. 

Best not to post further before hearing back, to keep your thread moving forward in the queue for attention. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Garry53
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 24 of 29

Gondola , Read the opening statement to my post "Trying to post a question about connection dropping out all the time ". You realy are helpful aren't you . For anybody else who may read this post , my broadband connection keeps dropping  out sometimes 4 or 5 times a day . Any thoughts what is causeing this ???

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 25 of 29

Feel free to repost your issue here, taking care not to include any personal details, or external links which the automated spam filter may not like. . 

0 Likes

Message 26 of 29

You've made only the one recent post commenting about "post flooding" to which you received my reply in direct answer to your post. 

Maybe your finger bounced on the Post button which then triggered the spam protection?

If you want to be an ex-customer the number to call is given below.

When to contact TalkTalk? - select and scroll to see contact availability times

LiveChat Messenger

TIP - Pause tracker blocking in the browser, ad-blockers and similar blocking software to avoid conflict with LiveChat's operation.

Landline calls to Customer Services on 0345 172 0088 or better value contract renewals and cancellations on 0345 172  5157, if you're thinking of leaving are free from a TalkTalk home 'phone but otherwise are at a standard landline call rate.

0 Likes

Garry53
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 27 of 29

I made the 1 post with no edits & it came up with high lighted comment . Quote" definitely don't even think about spamming the forum with the same posts" Funny ithought I was just a customer with a problem , maybe I will become a Ex customer if this is the standard of help available .

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 28 of 29

Post flooding is a forum spam protection description. It means you were seen to be making multiple identical or very similar posts, maybe rapidly editing and reposting.

Tip: don't make long posts; don't make too many rapid edits and definitely don't even think about spamming the forum with the same posts.

0 Likes