cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Modem problem

grucha941
First Timer
Private Message
Message 9 of 9

Ive had this problem for a week now. First of all my speed went down by half. Second my modem is loosing dls and internet connection every 15mins or so for 5mins ish. Everyday except yesterday for some reason it was working well.

Has anyone had this issue before and managed to fix it?

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. As advised, please can you create your own topic and we'd be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks

Message 2 of 9

@ColinCoaton, you need to start your own thread so that there is no confusion between customers in the replies. 

It may be that a new router is needed.

Whatever the likely solution, please return to the message board and click on start a topic. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

ColinCoaton
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 3 of 9

Mine has started doing this tonight. Router is rebooting every 15mins. Tried unplugging and resetting. Made no difference. Will leave unplugged overnight to see if that helps. 
Hopefully may get some help on here. 
Thanks for reading. Colin

Colin Formula 1 Skoda Yeti
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 9

Hello,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 9

Which make/model of router are you using? This sounds like an issue that plagued some 3rd party routers in the past, not TalkTalk ones.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

OK, that doesn't make sense to be honest, I must be asking the wrong questions!  🙂

Never mind. Make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk phone number and/or account number are complete on your community profile (click here) so that the support team can link your forum identity with your account and then wait for them to respond when they are back online from Monday. 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 9

It's a modem/router set up for internet. No landline.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 9

You have posted in the Broadband section, could you please just clarify which service you have exactly and what equipment you are referring to e.g. separate modem, or combined modem/router? 

0 Likes