cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

No broadband

Jax12
First Timer
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

No internet for 5 days, usual checks & chat, referred to engineer & wait 3 days! Back on for 1 day but only on some devices, weird, now no internet, back on chat for third time, run same tests, yet again referred to engineer, wait another 3 days, except its the weekend so probably 5 days! Think its a router problem as the reset button doesn't work. How do I get a new router to try?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Jax12
First Timer
Private Message
Message 1 of 6

No broadband, 11 Days now & Counting! Would have been quicker to change providers! Royal Mail do next day delivery! You use Yodel, website shows Friday 8th, maybe, could be, only estimated! App shows Andrew will deliver Thursday 7th, can only presume he's going via The North Pole because he still hasn't arrived! I now require at least 11 days refund on my monthly payment on a contract you are not fulfilling! Remember now why I left last time.  If this isn't resolved by Friday you can cancel my contract.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Hi Jax12

Have you received the replacement router?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi Jax12

I'm sorry for the delay.

I have ordered you a replacement router and a returns bag for your current one.

Please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Jax12
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 6

Holding the reset button in seems to have no effect, I'm assuming the light goes out whilst the reset is held in but on mine, despite holding for 30 seconds, the light just keeps flashing.  When the wifi came back on Wednesday not all devices could connect eg Alexa kept asking for the password, which hadn't changed, but after 5 goes it started then lost it again, the ipad was showing a dchp error when trying to connect & the phone showed an IP error but the tv, xbox & desktop all connected, so it seems the router is having trouble 'talking' to each device, which I assume is a router error & your Bot chats don't offer the option to try an alternative router because they think its working

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Hi @Jax12,

The support team here on the community would be able to arrange a replacement router for you if they thought yours was faulty, however they won't be around now until Monday.

When you say the reset button doesn't work what exactly do you mean. To reset the router you need to hold the button in for over 10 seconds.

For one of the TalkTalk Support Team on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include :

• Your name
  • Landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on (this is shown in ‘My Account’) OR your account number if you have Full Fibre with no landline
  • An alternative contact number

This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile (only you and the TalkTalk Support Team on this community can see your profile details).