cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Broadband connection keep dropping

daddy_frank
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 10 of 10

Hello

as for other users, for some weeks, my broadband connection has been dropping so I have no internet several times through the day on wireless devices. I have to reset the router and then the connection is back up until the next time it drops again. I have one of the newer routers and this has not been an issue up until recently. Please let me know how I can fix this issue as I and my wife both work from  home. I've tried to look to see if I need a software update,  but cannot see any link in the router settings, and am assuming that this may be automatic now?

thank you

Adam

In every job that must be done, there is an element of fun (Sherman & Sherman)
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi daddy_frank

Thanks for your reply 🙂

The router is on its way, please allow 48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

@Debbie-TalkTalk , good morning. Yes that would be nice of you, thank you. I'll let you know as soon as o have been able to test the new router.

Thank you

Message 3 of 10

Hi daddy_frank

Thanks for your reply.

Would you like me to send another router for testing so we can rule this out? The next step will be an Openreach engineer visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

@Chris-TalkTalk , hi

sorry for the delay, thank you for the article. I have looked at our sockets and they are both just face plates on the wall with single sockets., so as per the document I don't expect they have a test socket. is there anything else I can try to resolve this issue?

thank you

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Hi Adam

Please take a look at the following help article for information about the test socket - Your guide to main phone sockets - TalkTalk Help & Support

If you're master socket has a test socket could you connect your router to it and monitor to see if the disconnections continue - please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

@Michelle-TalkTalk , hi

thank you for coming back also. It's nice to know you can see how often I've had to reboot, and when the issue started. I had not been keeping a specific record, sorry 🐵

I don't think I have a 'test socket' but don't know what one of those is, to be honest. I have a 'tp link' plug to which one of the LAN sockets is connected so I can connect the TV (see reply to @Skynet_TX ), and the standard in line filter, but other than that, nothing.

thanks

Adam

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

@Skynet_TX , hi

Thanks for coming back to me. ON the basis of your description, I'd say it was the wifi, since whenever I go to restart the router, the light is still solid white; no flashing, no orange - solid white is the status I wait for when I have rebooted. we only have 1 'connected' device which is the TV. We have a plug in the wall and LAN cable from that to the TV cos the connection kept dropping to the TV, but at the time, the other devices which are now having, what I guess is wifi issues, were OK

thanks

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 10

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line now which hasn't detected a fault, however I can see re-connections on the line. Does your main socket have a test socket please?

Thanks

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 9 of 10

Hi @daddy_frank,

Do you know if the problem is with the router losing its connection to the internet (in which case a light on your router which is normally constantly lit will change colour or flash), or is it that you are losing Wi-Fi connection between your device(s) and your router (in which case the light(s) on the router will just carry on looking normal).

Do you have any ‘wired’ devices, do they also lose connection ?

0 Likes