cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

No Internet for 8 days

Smoggy
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 16 of 16

I'm at my wits end with this now.  I've done live chat every day which takes up to an hour without any resolution at all.  Talk talk say there is an outage and they are looking into it but still they can't give a time frame for it to be sorted.  I'm not hopeful of it being resolved... should I just go with another provider... but they say whilst there an "open" case I'd be liable for over £80 to terminate my contract?

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16

Hi

I wouldn't worry.  I've been at this for over 30 years now. Technology is fickle. I've worked for a number of providers and all will have their share of problems. 

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Smoggy
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 2 of 16
0 Likes

Message 3 of 16

Hi Smoggy

Thanks for confirming your details.

I have arranged the engineer visit for 12/12 AM (8am - 1pm) This was the first available appointment.

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 16

Hi Smoggy

I have replied to your Private Message.

Thanks

0 Likes

Smoggy
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 5 of 16

.....Renegadedalek

0 Likes

Smoggy
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 6 of 16

So I've received and tried the new router. Still not working. I'm now awaiting an engineer visit,,,seems as though I'm experiencing the same issues with the other poster 

0 Likes

Smoggy
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 7 of 16

Alas Karl...I was really hoping the new router would solve the problem but it hasn't, still the same blinking orange light 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 16

Hi

i've sent you a PM with the Tracking number for your router order.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Smoggy
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 9 of 16

I will do,  thanks once again

0 Likes

Message 10 of 16

No Problem 🙂

Report back here as soon as the router arrives and let me know how it goes.

Karl 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Smoggy
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 11 of 16

Wow, Karl... thank you so much... maybe I should have tried this rather that l than live chat and I might have made more progress...

0 Likes

Message 12 of 16

Hi

I've a new Hub on the way so we can check that this has not failed. If this does not resolve, then I'll go through our engineer process with you.

The hub should arrive in 24-48hrs.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 13 of 16

... also I've asked for a different hub but they say there's no point until the outage is cleared? I don't understand how you can give so much more info than technical support who I've called daily for nearly an hour or so each time

0 Likes

Smoggy
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 14 of 16

Yes I have a dial tone and telephone line and I've also tried the master socket. There's still no Internet

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 15 of 16

Hi

Under ofcom guidlines a provider has 30 days to repair a fault before you can leave without penalty so you would incur charges if you cancel at this point.

Our system is showing a possible outage so you may or may not be affected, however when I run the usual tests on your line, Openreach are not flagging an outage on their side.

The usual tests are passing and showing clear, so lets just cover a few things and then we can get this over to Openreach to see if there is a fault with your line.

Does your phone have a clear dial tone, are you able to make / receive calls ?

If the landline is working, have you tested another router to rule out a hardware fault ?

Have you also tested at the 'Test Socket' if you have one.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes