cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

No internet service

Berora
Participant
Private Message
Message 27 of 27

Hello,

I am on a 'Faster Fibre 65' package. My internet connection has been playing up for a few weeks now, but it used to come back when I reset the router; this time when it's down, it's gone for hours on end.

Yesterday, the internet was down from about 8pm for about 7 hours but it came back this morning. This evening, the internet dropped again at about 8:30pm and has only come back now (after 3am), so nearly 7 hours of no service again... I hope this is not a new pattern as I work late evenings and nights, so can't do anything if TT is going to cut my service like this. Tomorrow is Monday and I need to be able to work and the only way I can get online without wifi is using my Tesco mobile as a hot spot!

I went to the TT Service Centre and run the line test; the result was that there was a problem with my connection at home, apparently. I followed all the trouble shooting steps and the internet was still dead. Despite that, the dashboard said that all our devices were connected to the internet and working as expected - how is that possible when we were all off line because the wifi was not working? Is there any network maintenance taking place in the evenings, resulting in the loss of service? It just seems odd that two nights in a row  the internet disappears about the same time in the evening and then comes back around 3am.

Even more oddly, when I checked TT shop website to see what type of connection was available in my area, it said: 

"Sorry, our line check shows you aren't able to get any TalkTalk packages

We can't currently bring any broadband plans to your area but we're expanding our UK network all the time so please check back again soon."

I've got an email earlier this month asking me to sign up for a new contract, but at this rate my new contract will be with a new provider...

Could someone please shed some light on what is going on with TT and when the service is going to be restored to normal again?

Many thanks in advance and kind regards.

0 Likes
26 REPLIES 26

Message 21 of 27

Hi,

Ok thank you. If the main socket does have a test socket then if possible please can you connect the microfilter, router and phone directly at the test socket and we can monitor the connection to see how the stability compares.

Thanks

Message 22 of 27

Hello Michelle, 

Thank you. The internet was working first thing this morning, it went down again around 10:30 am and we are still without the internet connection at the moment. 

Will have a look at the socket now.

Kind regards

0 Likes

Message 23 of 27

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. Is there any noise on the voice service? Does the main socket have a test socket please?

Thanks

Message 24 of 27

Hi Divsec,

Thank you. I hope the internet will come back soon, it's down again... ☹️

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 25 of 27

Morning,

I've run a test on the line now which hasn't detected a fault, however the connection looks unstable and the sync speed is varying. Does your main socket have a test socket please?

Thanks

Divsec
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 26 of 27

Hi @Berora you've tried all you can! The team here will pick up your email and get you sorted. Your post has been escalated. 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.