cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Replacement Router

Hangaradam
First Timer
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

I am wondering where I go to request a replacement router as mine has just stopped working, I have had the same router since I became a customer 3 years ago.

I lost WiFi connection a week ago and have been running live tests and troubleshooting daily but just have a constant flashing amber light on the router.

I spoke to an agent who also ran the tests, told me they couldn't see any problems on the line and that they have reset my connection and it can take upto 7 days to reconnect, so I just have to wait.

I got in touch with another agent yesterday and explained all the above but this time I had leant a router from a neighbour and was able to gain Internet access once again. The agent still wanted to run tests on my router so for over an hour they kept telling me that my router was fine even though I kept saying that I am now using a borrowed router and can access the Internet again meaning that my router had stopped working and that I was wrong. After an hour the agent told me that my problem is the power supply cable wasn't working, I said that can't be true because if that was the case I wouldn't get any lights on my talktalk router and the borrowed WiFi router wouldn't be working because I am using the same power supply cable.

I asked for a replacement router and the second agent just kept telling me that he would have to run all the tests again until he was satisfied that it was actually not working, even after sending several pictures in live chat to prove everything was plugged in and connected properly.

It has been exactly 7 days without Internet connection when posting this request, if anyone can help with pointing me in the right direction on how to request a replacement router that has just stopped working.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi Hangaradam

I'm so glad to hear this 🙂

I have sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Hi Hangaradam,

Glad to hear you've received the router, just let us know if you need any further assistance

Chris

Hangaradam
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 8

Hi Debbie,

Yes it has just arrived, thank you so much for your help!

Message 4 of 8

Hi Hangaradam

Have you received the replacement router?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Hi Hangaradam

Perfect, thank you 🙂

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Hangaradam
First Timer
Private Message
Message 6 of 8

Hi Debbie,

Thank you for your reply, I have updated my contact details.

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 8

Hi Hangaradam

Apologies for this.

Please can you add your TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, I can then send you a replacement router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes