cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Router Firmware Update

Clarence
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 28 of 28

Hi

Sometime ago I purchased a new Fast 5364 router from TalkTalk.

I later purchased a BT Premium Whole Home Wi-Fi system with a Pack of 3 Discs which worked fine with the router.

Then, following a firmware update, the discs would no longer connect to the router. I contacted BT who said they were aware of the issue and I should contact TalkTalk, which I did. However, TalkTalk was unable to help and I reverted back to an old router, which did work with the discs.

I now understand that TalkTalk has resolved the firmware issue and there is a new version which will work with the discs.

If I leave the Fast 5364 router plugged in overnight, will it automatically be updated to the latest firmware version?

Thanks.

0 Likes
27 REPLIES 27

Clarence
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 21 of 28

Thanks for checking Michelle.

Unfortunately my BT WholeHome wifi discs still won't connect.

As previously mentioned they were working fine before the firmware update last year.

Is it please possible to downgrade my firmware to the previous version so I can use the BT discs?

0 Likes

Message 22 of 28

Hi Clarence

I've checked and I can see that the Sagemcom WIFI hub has the latest firmware version 174.

Thanks

0 Likes

Clarence
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 23 of 28

Hi Michelle

Thanks so much for coming back to me.

I have connected the router and would be very pleased if you could let me know when you have carried out your check and updated the firmware if needed.

Thanks

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 24 of 28

Hi Clarence,

If it's possible to connect the router today (before 3pm) then we can check the firmware and update this if needed for you. It should only take a few minutes.

Michelle

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 25 of 28

Without knowing what version it is currently, as V174 has been the latest for some time now, I cannot answer your question. TalkTalk could only answer it, if your router was online.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Clarence
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 26 of 28

I don't know because it is not connected at the moment. Using an old router as mentioned.

Just hoping TalkTalk will confirm the router will be updated to latest version if I leave the router connected overnight.

I don't really want to disconnect my current setup to connect the 5364 now just to find its firmware version.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 27 of 28

What firmware version does the 5364 have on it at the moment? The current firmware is V174, there is a newer version in the pipeline, but there is no precise date for its release.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes