cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Router will no longer connect to VPN

HanJMWright
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 16 of 16

My router is no longer connecting to my work VPN and IT support have diagnosed that it's definitely a TalkTalk router issue and not my computer or connection.

How can I fix this? I can't work from home without it and have some deadlines coming up! Feeling helpless and stuck.

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16
0 Likes

HanJMWright
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 2 of 16

Thank you!

Message 3 of 16

I've ordered the router, it should be with you within a couple of working days

Chris

HanJMWright
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 4 of 16

Thank you so much! As soon as possible would be great. I'm using my mobile data (as suggested in that other thread) and it's working fine but my data is being rinsed so the sooner it can come, the better 😄

0 Likes

Message 5 of 16

OK thanks. We can send a different make and model of router to test with, would you like us to arrange this?

Chris

0 Likes

HanJMWright
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 6 of 16

Yes, I get the message saying "The remote connection was not made because the name of the remote access server did not resolve." I spent an hour with tech support for my company going over everything remotely on my PC and he says settings are all fine. We removed all the firewalls and it kept happening. He then said he'd seen it happening with TalkTalk routers before and that was the problem.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 16

Thanks for the PM. I've found the account. Could I just as what actually happens when you try to connect to the VPN, do you get an error message?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 16

Hi HanJMWright

I've sent you a PM

Chris

0 Likes

HanJMWright
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 9 of 16

My partner set up the account and he's not answering his phone so I can't confirm the account number. I've popped in the numbers on our bank account reference for the TalkTalk payment, hoping that one of those is the account number.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 16

Hi HanJMWright,

First of all I'll need to locate you on our systems so I'll need either your TalkTalk landline telephone number or your account number. If you don't know your telephone number then could you add your account number to the private notes section of your Community Profile

Chris

0 Likes

HanJMWright
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 11 of 16

After looking around the forum, this seems common and the fix is to get a new router. How can I arrange that?

See here: https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Fibre/VPN-suddenly-not-working-on-TalkTalk/td-p/2807542#

0 Likes

HanJMWright
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 12 of 16

Just broadband, if I understand the question correctly.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 16

OK thanks, which service/package do you have with us?

Chris

0 Likes

HanJMWright
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 14 of 16

Thanks! I have done so. We don't have a landline and the mobile number on the account may be my partner's so I can change it to that if you need me to do so. Have put my own there for now.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 15 of 16

Hi HanJMWright,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name

• Telephone number

• Alternative contact number

•  

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes