cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

TalkTalk Community Website Issues

hw76558
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

I couldn't find a better forum to post this in but i found some minor bugs for the community webapp team to solve:

1. When you post an issue that mentions an Eero device, it offers an "EERO ENGINEERS" label (see attached screenshot), when you tap on that (iPhone, latest iOS / Safari) it adds "eeroEngineers" to the labels field but then complains "The following labels are not available here: eeroEngineers"
  2. The TalkTalk for everyone banner that's supposed to sit at the top of the page, draws itself in the middle of the page and blocks other fields. It won't move on scroll, you have to tap another input box to cause it to move and block something else. This is on iPhone with latest iOS / Safari although i recall this happening last time i posted here which would have been the previous iOS and Safari versions

Brucey bonus for #3, when you use the add files feature to a post, it rejects screenshots (.png files, .jpeg files, .bmp files etc.) which seems like an oversight on a support forum. Interestingly it will allow uploading excel files which i can't help find amusing but i feel sorry for the person who has to open unsolicited microsoft office documents from the internet because of: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/protect-yourself-from-macro-viruses-a3f3576a-bfef-4d25-84...

5 REPLIES 5

StephenF
Community Manager
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 6

That's great news, Argh didn't think about ad blockers but yeah they can often causes sites to not working properly due to how they block content even none add content "no adverts here" 🙂 

Any other feedback feel free to share and the team will help. 

Stephen, Community Manager

Message 2 of 6

Awesome! That was fast!

1. confirm fixed

2. Apologies, when you said you couldn’t replicate i double checked my setup, i had AdGuard enabled on safari - disabling for this site fixes it. There’s nothing wrong with the site it’s my phone

3. Gotcha - all good now

thanks again!

StephenF
Community Manager
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 6

Hey @hw76558 
Some comments below:

1. This has been fixed now, can you confirm
  2. Can i get some screen shots of this please as im struggling to replicate myself. 
  3. This is because your trying to add an "image" as a "File" files are limited to file types and any image file types are limited to the photo uploader if that makes sense. However ive added them to the file uploader so should be fixed now. 
Stephen, Community Manager

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 6

Morning,

Thanks for your post. I've passed your feedback over now.

Thanks

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

Agreed about the EeroEngineers label. I don't know what that means anyway. All we need on Future Fibre's forum is eero. I'll ask TalkTalk managers to have a look.

Most image files can be easily dragged and dropped into the body of the text. Other files will need to be attached.

I cannot comment about the iOS bug as I cannot replicate that right now.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes