cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Unable to connect to plex Sagemcom 5364

ocean4127
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 15 of 15

Recently I have been unable to directly access plex remotely to allow streaming. Nothing has changed in the setup which previously worked perfectly, the relevant ports are forwarded but still I cannot directly connect to the plex server from outside the network.

I think this is a router firmware issue, the router is a Sagemcom fast 5364 firmware

SG4K100136

I can see others have had similar problems but I cannot see a solution being posted. Is there one?

Thanks

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

Hi ocean4127

I'm still unable to connect to your router, is the router switched on at the moment?

0 Likes

Message 2 of 15

Hi ocean4127

I'm attempting to update the firmware. Can I just check that the router hasn't been rebooted?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 15

Yes that will be fine thanks

Message 4 of 15

Hi ocean4127

I will start it around 4pm this afternoon, will this be ok?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 15

If you could wait until after 3pm that would be great, the connection is currently being used for a work meeting! thank you

Message 6 of 15

Hi ocean4127

Thank you. I will need to make a change to your router firmware, will it be ok if I do this now?

We advise to leave the router switched on without being rebooted whilst we update the FW. This should take no longer than 15 minutes to update.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 15

Sorry for the slow reply, I've put the serial number in the private notes. Thank you

Message 8 of 15

OK thanks. Could you add the router serial number to the private notes section of your community profile and I'll try to find it on our systems

Thanks
Chris

0 Likes

ocean4127
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 9 of 15

OK I've done that.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 15

Hi ocean4127

Could you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

ocean4127
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 11 of 15

Yes that is fine thanks

0 Likes

Message 12 of 15

Hello,

Ok thanks for confirming. We can try a different version of firmware. Are we ok to update this today? It will take around 20 minutes to complete and the router can't be switched off or rebooted during the update.

Thanks

0 Likes

ocean4127
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 13 of 15

Hi, thanks for your help.

The error from plex is that the app is unable to connect securely to the server.

I have tried turning off the router for half an hour as you suggested, unfortunately it did not work. So far I have performed a factory reset on the router, manually port forwarded the relevant ports, I have also re-installed plex with default settings but with no success.

Plex is set to allow secure connections and when accessed from within the network functions normally and its setting state it is accessible remotely.

The set up was working up until recently, given nothing has changed with the network or my settings and it functions normally within the home network I suspect there is a router based issue. Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 14 of 15

Hello,

Do you see a specific error message when this happens? Have you tried powering down the router for a full 30 minutes and then re-tested this again as this will reset the current session?

Thanks

0 Likes