cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

VPN not working at home

Aimes123
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 13 of 13

I use a VPN to access my work server. It works when I connect to other people's networks so I know it isn't the VPN provider, it must be the router/internet provider. At home, with my talktalk fibre router, it wont connect to my VPN. Why is this and how do I fix it?

Amy Gracie
0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Hi Amy,

Yes the update has completed 🙂

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 13

Hi Chris.

Has the update been completed?

Thanks so much for your help,

Amy

Amy Gracie
0 Likes

Message 3 of 13

OK, I'll start the update now, please don't switch off your router

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 13

Yes please go ahead! Thanks so much

Amy Gracie
0 Likes

Message 5 of 13

Hi Aimes123, 

As Skynet_TX said, we were just waiting for you to respond. Would you like me to do the firmware update now, it can take up to 10 minutes to complete?

Chris

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 6 of 13

I think the support team here were waiting for you to reply to confirm a good time to do the update (as it will cause your router to lose connection for 10 minutes or so).

The support team will be back tomorrow, and so would be able to do the update at a time convenient to you.

Aimes123
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 7 of 13

Hi all. I’m still having trouble getting my VPN to work at home. It connects straight away at another house so it’s definitely an issue with our internet at home. I don’t know if the firmware update was completed. Are you able to help? Thank you!

Amy Gracie
0 Likes

Message 8 of 13

Hi Aimes123

When would be the best time to make a change to your router firmware?

Thanks

Message 9 of 13

Hi Aimes123

Thank you 🙂

Will it be ok if I make a change to your router firmware now?

We advise to leave the router switched on without being rebooted whilst we update the firmware. This should take no longer than 15 minutes to update.

Thanks again.

Aimes123
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 10 of 13

Thank you both. The router is the one with a single LED and gold behind.

I have added my landline number onto my profile.

Thanks!

Amy Gracie

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 11 of 13

Hi Aimes123

Apologies for this.

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, I can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 12 of 13

Hi @Aimes123,

What make of router do you have ?, is it the Sagemcom Wi-Fi Hub (the one with a single LED, and a bronze colour behind the holes on the front). If so this may have been caused by the router upgrading to a new version of firmware, and the support team here may be able to fix the issue by changing it to use a different version of firmware.

For one of the TalkTalk Support Team on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include :

• Your name
  • Landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on (this is shown in ‘My Account’) OR your account number if you have Full Fibre with no landline
  • An alternative contact number

This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile (only you and the TalkTalk Support Team on this community can see your profile details).

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.