cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Streaming via Amazon Firestick

safetyfirst
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 2 of 2

Hi All,

I have a 6 or 7 year old Amazon Firestick and this past year I've found that BBC iPlayer takes an age to load up on it and Netflix streaming doesn't work brilliantly (normally the picture is fine but the sound drops out periodically).

Just wondering, do you think the firestick is the issue and needs replaced or maybe I need better internet service (we are currently on TalkTalk Broadband deal)?  I asked TalkTalk to upgrade us to Fibre but they told me that because I am in contract, I can't change things until March 2023 😞

Thanks for your help!

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 2

Hi

Your connection looks fine at 40mb with no errors.  Some of the players have been updated over the years and some older devices do struggle with some of the players, so it might be worth investing in n updated device.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.