cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

VPN on router

Stemanc
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 8

Hi I have got a ASU’s dsl ac88u router trying to set up a VPN on the router using Surfshark. They think. A firewall is blocking it working anyone had the same problem I have changed the DNS ip address as well

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi @Stemanc tt do not currently support Ipv6 so nothing for them to do. Your router probably does so toggle it off in there. Tt don't support your router but Asus do.

Did you try my suggestions?

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes

Stemanc
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 8

Does anyone know ow I can turn off IPV6 this might be why my VPN on the router is not working Surfshark have asked me to turn it off I am using a ASU’s dsl ac88u router or does talktalk need to turn this off ?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi @Stemanc perfect that's the way it should be 👍. From my experience tt do nothing to interfere with your connection. If you are going to use VPN you don't need a special dns ip.

I suggest you try two things. 

First try to use the VPN app on your phone or tablet and check that it works. Assuming it does try second following the Surfshark tutorial for Asus. 

If you still by have problems could you screenshot the error messages you see? 

Good luck

0 Likes

Stemanc
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 8

I am not using the talktalk router I am just using the ASUS router connected to the phone line

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Hi @Stemanc try again, are you still using the TT router with your Asus connected to it? 

0 Likes

Stemanc
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 8

I have got a ASUS router and have following surfshark manual how to set it ip but when it tries to connect to the VPN to does not surfshark say there is a firewall on talktalk network I have turned off the security setting on talktalk log in page 

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

Hi @Stemanc assuming you have discarded the TT modem router and are solely using the ASUS. If so don't they have a wizard to guide you through setting up the VPN. You don't mention what the blocking looks like? 

0 Likes