cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

When can I expect an update on my fault?

springsteen1
Team Player
Private Message
Message 30 of 30

There is a fault with my broadband. On 10 February you said that an openreach engineer will be sent out to fix it in 2-3 days.   The I got a message the same day to say you are having 'system challenges'. There has been no update in 12 days. This is not good enough TalkTalk as I am paying for a service that is not working properly. When can I expect a fix?

29 REPLIES 29

Message 1 of 30

Hi springsteen1

I'm really sorry to hear this.

The complaints manager will fully investigate this fault and complaint for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

springsteen1
Team Player
Private Message
Message 2 of 30

Just an update from my end.

I've escalated my complaint to the CEO's office as the problems and lack of a solution persist.

Yet another broadband check using TalkTalk's own systems show 'we suspect an issue with your broadband' (see attached). Then when you try and continue there is 'a technical issue' (see also attached).

At 65 years of age I may not have much time left on this earth but I really expect better than this. It has reduced my to tears several times now.

When I was younger you were able to speak to a human being when you had a problem and they did all they could to help you. I know there is no issue in my house because Openreach have already been. and checked.

I will keep updating this post as matters develop with the CEO's office.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 30

Hi springsteen1

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange the engineer visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

springsteen1
Team Player
Private Message
Message 4 of 30

Hi Debbie, I've no idea what a synch speed is but if it can be sorted out by an Openreach engineer visit then yes please. 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 30

Hi springsteen1

I can see that the sync speed is low. Would you like me to arrange an Openreach engineer visit?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

springsteen1
Team Player
Private Message
Message 6 of 30

It goes from bad to worse. The internet went down this afternoon.

The new router arrived and so I set it up. Three speed checks showed a download speed of 6.3mb.

Phoned the number given by the 'manager' handling my complaint. Got the technical team. Usual guff about needing to check the line. Told the person that this was supposed to have been done by the openreach engineer that had visited the other week.

Now coming up to five weeks without a decent service.

To really add salt to the wound got an email yesterday telling me that my monthly payment is increasing!!!!!!!!!! 

Just what does it take TalkTalk to resolve a problem?

Message 7 of 30

Hi springsteen1

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

springsteen1
Team Player
Private Message
Message 8 of 30

I think so. On 11/3 I got a 3.94mb and on 13/3 a 3.16mb. Dotted in between were speeds around the 8 - 9mb. A different router might be a solution.

Message 9 of 30

Morning,

Would you like us to send a different router for testing purposes to see how this compares and to rule this out?

Thanks

springsteen1
Team Player
Private Message
Message 10 of 30

I was promised and got a consistent 10mb when I upgraded to 'Fibre 35' (although I was getting the same speed consistently prior to upgrading). Following the crash on 9 February it took over three weeks to get openreach to look at it. They had no explanation as to why there was a crash although they could see that it was down for a number of hours. Since openreach came out the speed has been better but there are still random drops in speed at random times of the day. There is no pattern. I connect wirelessly and have done so for many years. The router is two metres from my computer. One thing I have noticed since the crash is that speedchecker now thinks I am in Manchester whereas it used to say I am in Leeds.  

0 Likes

Message 11 of 30

Morning,

I've re-run the line test now which is clear. Can I just confirm, were you provided with a predicted speed range for the line? When the speeds are varying are you connected wired or wireless? Does the speed seem to go low at certain times of the day or at random?

Thanks

0 Likes

springsteen1
Team Player
Private Message
Message 12 of 30

OK, so here are the results of three days speed-checks. Still not getting a regular 10mb that I was getting before the crash a month ago. There are still some wide-ranging fluctuations although not as bad as those of a week ago. Is this what I must now expect as 'normal'? Even a consistent 9mb would be welcomed although Fibre35 does sound like a con when I was lead to understand that it would be at least 10mb?

0 Likes

Message 13 of 30

Hi springsteen1,

Can you run a couple of speed tests at least 10 minutes apart on the My Account speed checker and let us know when you've done this 

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

springsteen1
Team Player
Private Message
Message 14 of 30

As you can see from the attached the speeds are curious. Just when it starts to look good something weird then happens. What is the solution

0 Likes

Message 15 of 30

Morning,

Can I just confirm, how has the connection/speed been over the weekend?

Thanks

0 Likes

springsteen1
Team Player
Private Message
Message 16 of 30

I really wouldn't like to say it's fixed yet. The attached file shows the fluctuations in speed since the visit of openreach. It looks like the heart monitor readings I had before I had a stent inserted into my heart - all over the place! My big fear is that if this case is closed it will take another 23 days before anything is done. Judging from these readings my broadband still isn't stable. Until the crash on February 9 it was a stable 10mb. What happens now?

0 Likes

Message 17 of 30

Hi springsteen1,

The latest update that we have from Openreach says that the fault has now been cleared and closed, is everything OK at your end now?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 18 of 30

Hi springsteen1,

Apologies again for the length of time that it is taking to get this issue resolved. The latest update from last night says that your fault is scheduled to go out today but this is subject to change. I'll check for further updates later and let you know if there's any more information 

Chris

0 Likes

springsteen1
Team Player
Private Message
Message 19 of 30

As a retiree with underlying health conditions I depend on my broadband to keep in touch with family through zoom and teams. I have not been able to do this since FEBRUARY 9. I reported the fault on FEBRUARY 10. TODAY IT IS MARCH 3. HOW MANY DAYS DOES IT TAKE FOR SOMEONE AT TALKTALK TO GET OPENREACH TO DO SOMETHING? Does it really take 23 days and counting? HOW DO I ESCALATE MY COMPLAINT SO THAT SOMEONE CAN OFFER A LITTLE PIECE OF HUMANITY. MY WIFE AND I ARE IN TEARS.

Message 20 of 30

I'm sorry this is taking so long to resolve. This is being taken seriously but as I mentioned earlier Openreach have said that the work load in your area is currently high which is causing delays. There are no further updates yet so I'll check again later

Chris

0 Likes