cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Wi Fi drops out

Bikertedred
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 7

Broad band is fine speed etc fine.but wi fi drops out randomly on different devices at different times both near and far distances from router. Switching  the affected device's Wi Fi off and immediately on again restores it.....other devices keep working normally until it is their turn to drop out. Everything is as it as always been no changes ..router in same position as always etc. ...rebooting the router or the device has no effect.   The central heating is the most annoying as it can drop out in the night which causes no heating in the morning.and is a nuisance to reset.

I assumed it was a router problem and perhaps it could be changed ...but after reading some posts wonder if it is this channel optimisation thing I have been reading about. Any advice ?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi Bikertedred

That's great, thanks for letting us know 🙂

I have sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Bikertedred
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 7

Morning Debbie

Great stuff no problems at all since your action ...thank you very much for responding so efficiently ....the central heating is toasty in the morning again and Alexa doesn't get her Knickers in a twist anymore.....So pleased this process worked and I hope it may help other people if they get the same thing .

Kindest Regards  Bikertedred

Message 3 of 7

HI Bikertedred

How's the connection been over the weekend?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

HI Bikertedred

No problem 🙂

I will check in again with you on Monday to see how the connection has been over the weekend.

Thanks again.

Debbie 

0 Likes

Bikertedred
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 7

Thanks Debbie for the quick response...

I'll test things for a couple of days and let you know

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 7

Hi Bikertedred

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've switched the WIFI optimisation off, please can you retest and let us know how the connection compares.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes