cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Wifi channels

Katie2438
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 9 of 9

I need my auto channel selection turning off but there is no toggle option on Sagemcom router. 

If this can't be done I'll have to change provider 

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Morning,

I'm sorry for the delay. I can see that we've posted on your other topic.

Thanks

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 9

I missed the earlier thread, sorry. Oddly, I replied to this before there was a response on the earlier one, never mind.  

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 9

It's best just to wait now before posting further on that thread, @Katie2438, till you get a reply from TT staff. That will help keep it moving forward in the queue for attention. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 9

Don't worry about it, @Katie2438.

It did post an hour earlier but there was a delay in escalation.

Sometimes the software on this site sticks a bit! Anyway, staff will usually pick up the first thread, and any duplicates may get moved out of the way.

There won't be a staff response before Monday now as they are not on here at weekends. 

0 Likes

Katie2438
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 5 of 9

The first post said it failed to post thats why i created another. 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 9

Duplicate thread 

First thread also has a reply:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Broadband/Changing-wireless-channel/td-p/2942478

0 Likes

Message 7 of 9

These routers have a network level system known as WiFi optimisation which cannot be turned off by the user. But the support team here can do it for you. Make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk phone number and/or account number are complete on your community profile (click here) so that they can link your forum identity with your account and then wait for them to respond. Bear in mind that they won't be back online until Monday. 

0 Likes

Katie2438
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 8 of 9

Should have mention its 5ghz channel i need to be able to change.. When i change it a couple of hours later the router automatically changes back to channel 36

0 Likes