cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Changing wireless channel

Katie2438
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

I need to manually change my Sagemcom router to a different channel but it automatically changes it back in a matter of hours. 

I've spent 2 days with talktalk advisors with no joy and not they have said to post here. 

I need to change it on my 5ghz band and if i can't will look at other providers that offer this which is a shame to say I've been loyal to talktalk for yrs now.

Any help would be great and suggestions on service providers that have this available TIA

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi Katie2438

That's great news, thanks for letting me know 🙂

Debbie

0 Likes

Katie2438
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 2 of 8

Seems to be staying on the channel i need thanks Debbie

Message 3 of 8

Hi Katie

No problem 🙂

If you do change the wireless channels now then it should remain on the channel you have chosen.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Katie2438
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 4 of 8

Thanks Debbie I'll try it now. Sorry for the late reply only just finished work. 

Message 5 of 8

Hi Katie2438

Sorry for the delay.

I have now switched the WIFI optimisation off.

Thanks

Debbie

Katie2438
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 6 of 8

Ok thanks for your quick reply👍

Divsec
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

Hi @Katie2438 going to assume you don't mean ssid. Tt have an optimisation system which is meant to keep you on a less busy channel. Sometimes it works other it's a pita.

It can be disabled but only by TT. This they will do on Monday, please help them by adding your land line phone number to your community profile so that your account can be identified. Please don't post personal information here. 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.